F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension-28/)
-   -   New Fabtech 4-inch Suspension System (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension/478826-new-fabtech-4-inch-suspension-system.html)

Desert Dawg 10-21-2012 01:58 PM

New Fabtech 4-inch Suspension System

I haven't been totally happy with my BDS 2.5-inch level system (limited wheel travel and not quite the clearance for my tire/wheel combo, along with the nose down look), so I pulled the trigger on the new Fabtech 4-inch suspension system to give me a bit more altitude and attitude. Also getting my Snugtop XTR topper painted to match and reinstalled, so can't wait to show how it all turned by end of this week!

Before I get all the "you should have a gotten a 6-inch lift" responses, I need to state that I absolutely didn't want a 6-inch as the 4 inch systems work well for my taste and needs. I looked at the 4-inch Skyjacker system but didn't like how the spindles taper down (weaker), so I thought about going back to the Rancho systems that I had used on my previous trucks but now you have to replace the struts on +11 F150 models so the Rancho systems have become even more pricey. I also looked at the BDS 4-inch system but finally settled on Fabtech as they had a similar system for less. I did briefly consider a King or Camburg coil over system but I do not perform any extreme off-roading (I do more mountain trailing than anything) to justify the very high costs for those systems.

I have not seen anything on the forum yet regarding the Fabtech 4-inch system so will let everyone know how it turns out! I really liked the 4-inch system on my '09 FX4 so really excited about having this setup for my Plat.

ptemomo 10-21-2012 04:41 PM

Let us know how it turns out. And if you can post some pic it would be great. Im loooking at the exact setup for my '10.

Desert Dawg 10-21-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ptemomo (Post 4910946)
Let us know how it turns out. And if you can post some pic it would be great. Im loooking at the exact setup for my '10.

Will do. I will have some pics by the end of the week. I am a little nervous about the amount of cutting involved (including the differential mounting flanges and cross members) but Fabtech has been making decent systems for awhile now so hopefully all goes well!

97isnotold 10-21-2012 08:40 PM

should look real nice :cool: you never fail at making a truck look good

Desert Dawg 10-21-2012 11:58 PM

^^^ Thanks!!

fine_style150 10-22-2012 11:18 AM

sub'd

:beers:

fx4 for life 79 10-22-2012 11:48 AM

4" is plenty for everyday driving and can still fit 35s and if it turns out like your 09 I'm sure it will look just as good

tg150 10-22-2012 12:00 PM

Very nice Paul. Didn't know you kept the topper.. Should look great when all said and done.. Good luck bud :beers:

Desert Dawg 10-22-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by fx4 for life 79 (Post 4911268)
4" is plenty for everyday driving and can still fit 35s and if it turns out like your 09 I'm sure it will look just as good

Thanks...I found the 4-inch is still very liveable for day to day use. Hopefully I get the look I want.

Originally Posted by tg150 (Post 4911280)
Very nice Paul. Didn't know you kept the topper.. Should look great when all said and done.. Good luck bud :beers:

Thanks Tony. Yeah, when I sold the EcoBoost the buyer didn't want the topper so I had put it on consignment with the Snugtop dealer here. But it didn't sell yet so had the opportunity to take it back as I thought it would look good on the lifted Plat. I pick it up on Wednesday and the lift gets installed on Thursday, so we'll see.

tg150 10-22-2012 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg (Post 4911326)
Thanks Tony. Yeah, when I sold the EcoBoost the buyer didn't want the topper so I had put it on consignment with the Snugtop dealer here. But it didn't sell yet so had the opportunity to take it back as I thought it would look good on the lifted Plat. I pick it up on Wednesday and the lift gets installed on Thursday, so we'll see.

Awesome.. Can't wait to see it all done :)

Desert Dawg 10-25-2012 10:09 PM

Here's a quick shot I took tonight after getting her home. Better pics to come this weekend.

New 4-inch Fabtech suspension system along with Snugtop XTR topper. The ride is sooooooo much better than the leveling system and stock shocks.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ion-system.jpg

06yz250f 10-25-2012 10:33 PM

That has a really good stance! :thumbsup:

wish I could go to 35's on a 4" with out ruining the current use my truck :(

LonestarROB 10-25-2012 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg (Post 4912759)
Here's a quick shot I took tonight after getting her home. Better pics to come this weekend.

New 4-inch Fabtech suspension system along with Snugtop XTR topper. The ride is sooooooo much better than the leveling system and stock shocks.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ion-system.jpg

:drool::drool: You always have the nicest looking rigs on the entire site.

Desert Dawg 10-25-2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f (Post 4912771)
That has a really good stance! :thumbsup:

wish I could go to 35's on a 4" with out ruining the current use my truck :(

Thanks, it has the exact stance I wanted. I like the 4-inch lifts as still very accessible for daily use and rides much better with the next shocks. Of course, having the power side steps help a bunch too.

Originally Posted by LonestarROB (Post 4912780)
:drool::drool: You always have the nicest looking rigs on the entire site.

Thanks ROB!!

jazsimkibler 10-26-2012 06:45 AM

May if it is possible for you to some of the pics so that we would have a rough idea or rather a perfect idea so that we can also match up with your concept..!!!