How much grease for Moog parts???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much grease for Moog parts???

Well got all my Moogs partss in yesterday ( lower *****,uppers and outter tie rods) and it looks like there's grease in there already. The directions say to add a good chasis grease. Do I add and how much ?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They should come ready to go, no real pressing neet to grease right away unless you feel compelled or just **** like me, and want your own grease in there.

For starting out and for normal maintenance, most guys just shoot a few pumps in there every time you rotate the tires; that will do the trick and be plenty.

However, I'm ****, so I pumped out all the greas that came in it with Amsoil to get started. Then follow the tire rotation schedule beyond that.

Check your outer tie rods though...I can't get to my grease fittings with the tires on not that you can do anything about it.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks bro,will do. So , they can be flushed/cleaned by pumping more and it'll force the old out with the fresh.
Also, have of marine grease for boat trailer hubs, that should be a good grade of grease to use , right?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aqua-holic
Also, have of marine grease for boat trailer hubs, that should be a good grade of grease to use , right?
I would advise against using marine grease for anything other than marine applications. It is not designed to handle the stress that a suspension is put under. Personally, I used Amsoil grease that is made specifically for a more heavy duty application. Plus, it has molybdenum in it, which has wash out resistance and "bonds" to the metal parts and provides superior protection.

Here is what I used...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gptr2.aspx

Last edited by motv8r; 01-24-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: How much grease for Moog parts???