Custom spacer on Rancho Quicklift

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
travel

Well, you're partially correct. Not being insulting, just discussing in more detail. The spacer method doesn't actually "limit" the wheel travel. It actually puts the wheel travel into a slightly different "geometry" zone from the factory zone. Both times I added things (once with the Ranchos and then with the spacers on top of them) I put the truck on a lift to make note of where it "topped out" at. The useable travel was the same as stock but just in a different geometry zone. Proper wheel alignment will keep things tracking smoothly. This I can vouch for since I did put it through it's paces down a RR access road near Glamis California. Lots of washes and whoops. It handled actually as well as my old Class 7S did back in the 90's. Actually a little better since this truck has rack and pinion steering. I would have been a little happier with a more progressive spring rate on the Ranchos. I do want to point out though that the upper ball joint will lightly tap the coil spring at full extension with the 1" spacers on top of the Ranchos. You won't feel it or hear it at all. I noticed it when I put it on the lift to check everything after installing them. I do have to add one thing; This is a Super Crew. The forward weight is a little heavier than a Super Cab. I never thought there would be much difference but when I adjusted my Torsion bars on my 04 Screw for a little more height, I couldn't get what I needed without adding the after market torsion keys. The rear 9000X's don't seem to do well with the fronts. I have both front and rears on the max setting. I may switch the rear shocks to the Fox reservoir and see if it helps any.
The Fifth Wheel Trailer; The 5.4 seems to have no problem pulling it whatsoever. If I'm not pulling any hills or a head wind, I'm getting 9-11 mpg pulling it. I change the tranny fluid every year as well as the rear end fluid. I think the truck will handle a little more weight just fine. I definitely don't feel it's maxed out. I really don't like to push the limit with things like that. I think Ford lists the max towing around 9K or a little higher and that's about what this is when fully loaded and fresh water in the tank (which I rarely tow with it full).

Old 09-30-2013, 10:38 AM
You have an 04 old body style truck too? I didn't know they made them in screws. All the old body style 04's I've seen were usually single cabs.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 AM
My bad. It was an 03 Super Crew 4x4. 4.6 engine, which was a little gutless when towing anything.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:47 AM
Daystar spacing with washers....

Originally Posted by Randyl9ll
Fastenal can make/order in pretty much any fastener you can think of if you want to try the Rough Country kit or like Stove Top suggested you can try adding some washers in there for a small gain.
I added a set of these to a newer model 4x4 Jeep I had a few years back....I wound up adding the Daystar spacers and went and bought 30... 3/16" washers....about 4 or 5 to each bolt. Worked fine as wine with my situation...and added approx .3/8 to 1/2 more lift. My 2 cents worth guys.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by johnjohnson78
Upon further research I've stumbled across this ROUGH COUNTRY spacer kit which appears to come in 3 pieces. It refers to upper and lower strut spacers. Anybody familiar with this kit? Do you think I could use 1 or 2 of these spacers to achieve 1-1.5 inches of additional lift on top of my quicklift?

Opinions?
Attachment 33895
Originally Posted by fine_style150
i'm open to any idea to get reasonable lift but using washers inside the frame while positioning a strut i wouldn't do. the 1/2" spacer on top of the QL's sounds more like it.....honestly, ever since i posted last time the icons seem much more within reach
Don't listen to the naysayers, I used a three and a half inch spacer, and a quarter inch lean spacer, for a total of four inch lift on top of my struts, with a 35-in tire on 20-in rims, absolutely no problem, I got more than the desired ride height, and my truck looks great, I replaced the upper and lower control arms with new ball joints, (factory parts by the way) new inner and outer tie rods, all factory, my truck sits proud and tall. So don't listen to what everyone else tell you what you can't do.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:51 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
You responded to a 9 year old post...........

Old 06-22-2022, 02:53 PM
Post aperfectshine

Originally Posted by fine_style150
i'm open to any idea to get reasonable lift but using washers inside the frame while positioning a strut i wouldn't do. the 1/2" spacer on top of the QL's sounds more like it.....honestly, ever since i posted last time the icons seem much more within reach
Highly recommended aperfectshine for auto detailing services. I took time from my busy schedule to look at my car and scheduled me in a right away to get my car paint correction with their best effort.
www.aperfectshinedetailing.com

Quick Reply: Custom spacer on Rancho Quicklift