rancho 9000xl question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rancho 9000xl question

Hey all getting rdy to install my quicklift loaded and my 9000xl. question is for the rears i know the body is suppose to go down but what way is the adjustment **** suppose to go? facing the bed or facing the ground?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Also what are ppls opinions on the rubber boot? I have read some so dont do it but still see alot of ppl running them.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Got one of my rear shocks i unlock and push on and it doesnt retract. Any ideas?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think which way you mount it for **** orientation is all personal preference for convenience of getting to the ****. I'd put them to the rear to maybe prevent anything hitting it and breaking it...like rocks being slung up from the front tire or something. But, I don't like shocks mounted body down. If had your body style truck, I'd be calling Rancho to see if there's any reasons I couldn't mount the shock body up.

The whole boot thing is also 100% personal preference...pretty much based off what you think looks better.

Don't know what you're asking in the last one there? A shock shouldn't retract. It should either extend under pressure or not move at all. I believe the 9000's are gas charged and should extend on their own when you cut off the strap.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone posted a comment in the 04-08 forum about the shocks being non-responsive. He had mounted the rear shocks with the **** up top. Rancho told him to flip them with the **** on the bottom and everything started working as intended. I have the Quiklifts and used the Factory dirt protectors. I spend some time off-road and boots do help keep granular objects off the seals moreso than an unprotected shaft.

As far as direction, I don't think you will be able to access the **** if you face the **** to the axle. However, I intend to reverse the direction of mine when I install the remote controller. I think that air line would be better protected facing the rear and there appears to be enough room to do that.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Looks like we are getting ready to tackle the same job. Mine just came in the mail. Is it really as easy as it looks. lol dont mind the bowls of cereal....

Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the help. Gonna go ahead and put the boots on then later order some not so red ones. I asked rancho about mounting body up and they said there can be response issues with them.

Quick Reply: rancho 9000xl question