f-150 with low front corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f-150 with low front corner

Just bought a used f-150 and can't believe I did not see this 5 days ago.

I also apologize as I am sure that there is info all over the boards but to be honest, it seems the forums search just does not work right now.

The left side of my truck is a solid inch and quarter lower on the left front. I am measuring from center of hub to fender to rule out any tire differences. The left rear is also a bit lower but not as much and to be honest I think that the lower front corner is acutally jacking up the right rear.

A careful look underneath does not reveal to me any major frame bending and the leafs in the rear 'look' ok.

Ok, sounds like I might just need to adjust the torsion bars. Does this sound reasonable to all you ford truck experts?

Sounds like it is a pretty easy procedure but just throwing this out for comments.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
blown/leaking shock maybe?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Did you get a car fax with the vehicle? If not I would pay the 10 or 15 bucks, whatever it is and see if it has been in accident, if it has and you bought it from a dealer and they didn't tell you about it, you have legal recourse with them. Get the car fax man.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I had the EXACT same issue, but, it was after I went through an issue with a theft/recovery, etc.

Long story short, they replaced my front left strut/spring with one from a salvage yard, and it had already been over-compressed and was shot.

I had them replace it with another one, and it sat it up like it should be.

Now, other options may be to get some Bilstein leveling shocks, level kit on the one side, etc if you are looking for a temp workaround, but replacing that corner's shock/strut would be the best bet to get it back to level all the way around.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Post some pics up itll help out

Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's probably the torsion bar... Each side is not necessarly going to have the same # of cranks to them.. But, an inch and a quarter is a pretty big difference..

Is it in the front bump stop?

Might be as simple as cranking up on it or you might have a bad one?

Good luck!

Mitch

Quick Reply: f-150 with low front corner