Lift help

Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lift help

Lift Problems,
99 f150 4x4
35x12.5x17

Alrite guys I ran into some problems and I figured you guys could help me out.
I recently bought a f150 that was rolled on the top and the lift was good on it. So I parted the truck out and ended up making money so I took the lift and put it on my truck. The lift was a 6" fabtech lift. I got the lift on and everything seemed to work good until the end. When I was piecing it together towards the end I noticed that the cv axle angle was terrible and it was before I put my torsion keys back in yet so I put the keys in but because they were aftermarket keys to begin with they were a pain to put in there was a lot of pressure on those bars. Well a long story short I got the keys in and barely turned up at all maybe couple turns if that. Well I got all the front brackets on and went through and double checked everything. For starts the cv axle still is terrible angle and I don’t know why would it help if I put stock keys in and just turn them up from there tell I like the angle of the axles? Or do I have other problems. I did not get the alignment yet so I am just putting the keys in then taking in for an alignment, I fig the stock keys would fix the front end well at least I hope so.

Also what size blocks for the back usually come off a 6" fabtech lift 97-03? Because this one only had 3" blocks and the truck has a horrible stance rite now I am going to put aal on this week and possibly a bigger block for the back.

What shocks do u recommend to put on the truck the ones that I put on temporary are shot and want to buy some new ones...
And one last question do you know where I can get a double shock mount hoop for the front?

Thanks guys hope you can give me sum help

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe you CV joint angles are the result of the aftermarket torsion bar adjustment keys. I'd try backing off the preload all the way. If the angles still look bad, I'd instal some OEM keys.
As for shocks, Bilstiens are the best.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I backed the keys all the way down pretty much and it still terrible angle so I debating about putting stock keys back in and going from there..
But bilsteins are the best? Where do you get them I just need them asap…

Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check shockwarehouse

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift help