A good "long term" decision?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good "long term" decision?

Ok, so I have a 06 scab with just a spacer up front. its the 3" spacer. nothing on the back side....I was told by a shop that if I have a body lift installed on my truck already..then bring it in to their shop one day for them to install a suspension lift, they would NOT do it because of the body lift. they said because of liability reasons and such in case something breaks. (I dont see how due to them both being on completely different systems of the truck.) Im saving up for a lift now
-1200 so far in the "truck fund" account.
- in the long run, want 38's
- 6" suspension with a 3"BL and my spacer in the front

winter is coming up soonish and my stock tires are worn down pretty bad. I hate to waste 500 bucks on some el-cheapo tires..just to get rid of them when the lift happens...

I dont want to do the body lift now just because I can afford it and then eliminate my chances of having a shop do the suspension lift (I know i know...everyone is gonna tell me to do it myself but I am going to keep that as a last resort)

Id taking a shot in the dark here but i believe a 3" BL and spacer up front will only allow me to clear 35's max probably. (correct me if i'm wrong) And I really am not liking the fact that I will spend 1700 or so in new rims and tires that I will be getting rid of to get the 38's....ugh what timing. any ideas or suggestions? tell me Im not the only one who ever went through this decision. money, money, money.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
save you money for a 8-12" rize then.

i wouldnt stak the 3" spacer with the 6"

Old 09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is nothing wrong with installing a body lift and a suspension system. I know some shops refuse to do so saying it's a "liability issue" but I've never seen a real reason given. Also, over the years I've seen a ton of trucks here and at FTW with body lifts and suspension lifts and have yet to hear from someone with a problem. That being said, if you want 38's, the Rize lift will be your best choice. However a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift would be the next best thing.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So maybe I should just save up and hold off until I have the funds for at least a 8" rize...even though I have despised their lifts...not because of quality or appearance...but of price. I guess you can call me cheapo but on another note, you do get what you pay for...hmm looks like I need fo find some CHEAP tires for the time being

Quick Reply: A good "long term" decision?