2002 F150 crewcab 4x4 Shocks????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 F150 crewcab 4x4 Shocks????

I am thinking of changing my shocks soon? So I was looking for some input on which ones you guys go with? I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I want something that will give me a great highway ride since I am on there most of the time, but something decent if I go off road. I have a 3 inch body lift and the torsion bar lift running 35's. I would appreciate yall's input.

One more question. Should I buy a longer shock since I have a 3" body lift and the torsion bar lift? I have the 3" in blocks on the rear end so should I go longer in the rear also? I am thinking that since it is only a body lift and torsion bar lift I should just run stock height shocks. I hope somebody knows the answer to this.

Last edited by hardcharger1015; 05-12-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added a question
Old 05-12-2009, 01:58 AM
I really like Ranchos. Their reasonably priced, good on the highway, and keep the truck very stable on and off road. just my 2 cents

Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am also wanting to replace shocks and would like to see a few more responses
i have basicly the same truck minus 3" bl
ive been looking at rancho but was wondering what else was good out there (worth the money)

Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, you require a stock length shock. The fact that you have a body lift and/or your torsion bars jacked up amount to absolutely zero as far as the suspension is concerned. As for your blocks in the rear, that's a different story. Are your blocks in addition to the stocks ones or a replacement for them?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Well when I purchased this truck it already had the body lift and I was guessing a torsion bar lift since it sits alittle higher in the front than my buddies with only the body lift. It does have I believe 2.5" to 3" blocks on the back, I dont know if that is stock or what. Mine and my friends sit dead level in the back though, my front end is alittle higher. I really do appreciate your reply on this matter.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by hardcharger1015
Well when I purchased this truck it already had the body lift and I was guessing a torsion bar lift since it sits alittle higher in the front than my buddies with only the body lift. It does have I believe 2.5" to 3" blocks on the back, I dont know if that is stock or what. Mine and my friends sit dead level in the back though, my front end is alittle higher. I really do appreciate your reply on this matter.
Bilstein's are good. Ranchos are good as well. It's personal preference really. Rancho/Monroe have a mail in rebate right now that runs until the end of the month.

You can read more about it here - http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/m...ecial_2009.cfm.

Quick Reply: 2002 F150 crewcab 4x4 Shocks????