does your insurance company know its lifted????

Old 05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does your insurance company know its lifted????

so i was about to get my 6" fabtech lift today and add it to my 3" PA body lift but decicded to ask my insurance what would happen if i got in an accident and my truck was lifted ahnd they said my insurace would be voided and they would not help me out so now im on the hunt for an insurace company who will insure my truck so i wann do it and jsut not tell them but i dont want to get ******ed over if anything should happen. does your insurance company know and who r u with if so???? thanks soi much

Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I carry full coverage on the truck through farmers insurance co.

All 26,774 dollars of my mods are covered I turned in copies of every receipt to my agent, I pay a bit (not sure how much for each amount of $$ i add) more for every thousand I tack on, Ill have to look. He keeps them on file and if i ever get in a wreck they will not replace the mods with new stuff but will either pay you a certain value they determine, or find you a used version of whatever was damaged.

I really don't ask too much into it as long as he knows and has a receipt its all good, and as long as the price does not sky rocket.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 PM
yah im not to worried about getting everything paid for if something happens it would be nice i just want to know im covered

Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by wideopenthrottl
so i was about to get my 6" fabtech lift today and add it to my 3" PA body lift but decicded to ask my insurance what would happen if i got in an accident and my truck was lifted ahnd they said my insurace would be voided and they would not help me out so now im on the hunt for an insurace company who will insure my truck so i wann do it and jsut not tell them but i dont want to get ******ed over if anything should happen. does your insurance company know and who r u with if so???? thanks soi much
If you have a truck with a suspension lift with off-road mud tires and say you lose control in a rainstorm and roll the truck, it's not unlikely that some adjuster will see how the truck was modified and report to the company and they may refuse to pay or give you a hard time if they do pay and will probably cancel you later, citing that the truck was built for offroad use only. It's happened already. Also wrecking the truck while offroading bring's up somemore grey area's that may or may not be written in your policy. The best thing to do is bring the policy to your agent and go over everything that is or may not be covered pretaining to a lifted truck.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by PawPaw
If you have a truck with a suspension lift with off-road mud tires and say you lose control in a rainstorm and roll the truck, it's not unlikely that some adjuster will see how the truck was modified and report to the company and they may refuse to pay or give you a hard time if they do pay and will probably cancel you later, citing that the truck was built for offroad use only. It's happened already. Also wrecking the truck while offroading bring's up somemore grey area's that may or may not be written in your policy. The best thing to do is bring the policy to your agent and go over everything that is or may not be covered pretaining to a lifted truck.

These are good points as well. My agent knows that my truck pretty much never goes off road, he also knows its a show truck/pavement pounder/daily driver. He has no worries of me butchering it off road

Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

Well I can tell you for FACT that Geico will NOT cover you if you have more than 4" of lift(IN FLORIDA). I went to add another car(My DD) to my coverage. I also wanted to add more coverage for my mods..well long story short, they would cover all my rides except my truck!!! I was like WHAT???? Anyways, I switched to Met Life...added another car....added Uninsured motorist to all my vehicles....They covered ALL my mods and I SAVED $300.00 a year by switching to MET LIFE!!!! woo hoo thank you Geico!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by GATOR CREW
Well I can tell you for FACT that Geico will NOT cover you if you have more than 4" of lift(IN FLORIDA). I went to add another car(My DD) to my coverage. I also wanted to add more coverage for my mods..well long story short, they would cover all my rides except my truck!!! I was like WHAT???? Anyways, I switched to Met Life...added another car....added Uninsured motorist to all my vehicles....They covered ALL my mods and I SAVED $300.00 a year by switching to MET LIFE!!!! woo hoo thank you Geico!!!!
From a lizard to Snoopy, good switch

Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by GATOR CREW
but i thought they said you SAVE 10% or more by switching to geico!?
what you just wrote needs to be a testemonial on their site!.lol

Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had all everything on the screw too, not too much more but enough to notice. it was a must on this truck, since i rolled my lifted ranger, whoopsy.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
I carry full coverage on the truck through farmers insurance co.

All 26,774 dollars of my mods are covered I turned in copies of every receipt to my agent, I pay a bit (not sure how much for each amount of $$ i add) more for every thousand I tack on, Ill have to look. He keeps them on file and if i ever get in a wreck they will not replace the mods with new stuff but will either pay you a certain value they determine, or find you a used version of whatever was damaged.

I really don't ask too much into it as long as he knows and has a receipt its all good, and as long as the price does not sky rocket.

I'm with Farmers and did the same thing. I carry full replacement with an extra 10k for the mods. My wife drops of my reciepts to our agent when I do something.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spike Strider
I'm with Farmers and did the same thing. I carry full replacement with an extra 10k for the mods. My wife drops of my reciepts to our agent when I do something.
We love Farmers, and have never had one problem. If the bill came and something was screwed up they immediately took care of it. We also are good friends with our agent and his family and I graduated HS with his son & actually had a class with him this semester at college

Farmers is the only way to go although, I'm lagging behind in my receipt taking, when i go it is usually with a stack and he is like WTF?!

Last edited by FX4life; 05-05-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by ltz400racer
but i thought they said you SAVE 10% or more by switching to geico!?
what you just wrote needs to be a testemonial on their site!.lol
That's because he mentioned he's in Florida. I know down here both home owners (hurricanes) and auto insurance (newbies into the country - 1st time drivers and 'canes) our insurance rates are higher than most other parts of the country. So I don't think it matters what Geico says in their commercials unfortunately.

It's always best to shop around for auto insurances because the rates fluctuate so much.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: does your insurance company know its lifted????