F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension-28/)
-   -   5.5 Inch Body Lift (https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension/374306-5-5-inch-body-lift.html)

97madness 05-27-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f (Post 4599306)
Thank you for bumping this 2 year old thread with your worthless post with information that was already stated in the first few posts

Originally Posted by hardrock3742 (Post 4599316)
lol for real

you two some trolls for posting those pointless comments after someone bumped it!:devil:

hardrock3742 05-27-2011 05:25 PM

that makes you one too :P

06yz250f 05-27-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by 97madness (Post 4599434)
you two some trolls for posting those pointless comments after someone bumped it!:devil:

mine wasn't pointless, it was to make him feel like an idiot for bumping a 2 year old thread as his first post. and hardrock is my newly appointed trusty sidekick so he x2's (or something of the sort) all of my post pertaining idiocracy and newbs. :thumbsup:

97madness 05-27-2011 07:21 PM

:rocker: im ok with being a troll. but atleast the guy used the Search button for once

Buxton91 05-27-2011 11:36 PM

With 1 post I'd say he did a google search. haha

hardrock3742 05-28-2011 02:41 AM

x2....

what he said^
:thumbsup:

HogHenry 05-28-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by louisvillef150 (Post 4599234)
Man everyone hated on this product fast, was looking through trying to find reviews, it is just a 3 inch body lift, the other 2 inches is a leveling system for front suspension.

I don't think they market this product very well, becuase lots of people "hate" on it until they see it. I've had it for about 6 months and already have over 7,000 miles on it. The two times I took it in for an oil change, the techs got into an arguement about what the lift was. They did not believe that it all came in one kit. One of them had no idea that body lift kits included brackets to make the bumpers fit the body. The sales guys at the dealership where I bought I can't believe that I paid $1500 for it installed. They charge over $10,000 for a package that I got for under $6,000 with 35" Toyo Open Country's, wheels and steps. On top of that, they agree that my truck rides about the same, but handles better than the suspension lifted trucks.

Apparantly the owner of this dealership is one of the "haters" too. The sales guys told him about my truck, and what the package cost and he said no way in hell was he going to put a body lift on a new truck. The sales manager wants me to bring it in when the owner is there, but our schedules have not made that possible yet, but with the promise of a free oil change, I'm going to try and make it happen.

I'm out of town right now so I can't post pictures. If you go to the video they have on their site, my truck looks pretty much like theirs. A white F150 on 35" Toyos and chrome steps.

06yz250f 05-28-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by HogHenry (Post 4599939)
I don't think they market this product very well, becuase lots of people "hate" on it until they see it. I've had it for about 6 months and already have over 7,000 miles on it. The two times I took it in for an oil change, the techs got into an arguement about what the lift was. They did not believe that it all came in one kit. One of them had no idea that body lift kits included brackets to make the bumpers fit the body. The sales guys at the dealership where I bought I can't believe that I paid $1500 for it installed. They charge over $10,000 for a package that I got for under $6,000 with 35" Toyo Open Country's, wheels and steps. On top of that, they agree that my truck rides about the same, but handles better than the suspension lifted trucks.

Apparantly the owner of this dealership is one of the "haters" too. The sales guys told him about my truck, and what the package cost and he said no way in hell was he going to put a body lift on a new truck. The sales manager wants me to bring it in when the owner is there, but our schedules have not made that possible yet, but with the promise of a free oil change, I'm going to try and make it happen.

I'm out of town right now so I can't post pictures. If you go to the video they have on their site, my truck looks pretty much like theirs. A white F150 on 35" Toyos and chrome steps.

all the kit is is a leveling kit and body lift. i'm not a fan of body lifts (for my trucks, nothing against them though) but for $1500 that's not a bad deal but i'd rather spend a couple hundred more and have a full suspension lift if i was replacing with aftermarket wheels anyways.

a dealership $10k lift kit, wheels, tires is about $5k if you had it done yourself.

Buxton91 05-28-2011 03:24 PM

Yeah you could of had a 6" suspension installed for a little more than that.

HogHenry 05-29-2011 01:24 AM

I had a 6" suspension on the truck that I traded in on this (05 F150). It had a few quirks that I did not like. It had a vibration that the dealer kept trying to fix. They could not. Call me picky, but brand new trucks should not shake and shudder. The dealer first told me that all lifted trucks have "some quirks", then they told me that it was the tires. They tried three different sets of tires, they adjusted stuff, but they could not get it right.

I finally took it to a 4 wheel drive shop that put a new driveshaft in the front end, and that fixed it, but the time I spent chasing it down ticked me off.

When I traded in the truck I swore I'd never get another lifted truck. I drove off the lot in a bone-stock 2011. But missed the ride height, so I soon found myself back at the 4 wheel drive shop. They recommended this kit because it was least likely to have any issues. So far, they are right.

I don't know what good suspension I could have for a few hundred more dollars, nor would it make a difference now. Why would I want one?

06yz250f 05-29-2011 10:09 AM

Bds, rcx, skyjacker, pro comp, etc are all around 1800-2000 installed.

And no one told you to go out and buy one now, but I know most here would rather have suspension unless they installed the no themselves. The only advantage I could see to running a body lift is stock wheels if rancho wasn't.available, but that's my opinion and it ain't worth much. As long as your happy that's good

The dealership is the last place I'd ever have a lifted truck worked on.

hardrock3742 05-29-2011 12:57 PM

^ hah, I didnt even know the dealership WOULD work on lifted trucks.

Buxton91 05-29-2011 11:14 PM

I think the only time they will is when you buy a NEW truck from them that they have installed a suspension lift on.

When my dad bought his 09 Platinum he was going to get a stock king ranch and then eventually lift it, but the stealer told him they wouldn't touch it with warranty work if he did that so he ended up having to buy the platinum that they had previously installed a 6" and 35's on.

HogHenry 05-30-2011 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f (Post 4600317)
Bds, rcx, skyjacker, pro comp, etc are all around 1800-2000 installed.

Not with an aftermarket driveshaft, that costs $500. I did not bother to read all of the mentioned kit documentation, but I looked up a couple. They both have disclaimers that say that either driveshaft modification or a new driveshaft may be required. That was exactly the case with my last truck. A vibration started soon after I bought the truck.

You are absolutely right about "most here would rather have suspension", but you can't really compare a 3" lift to a 6" lift can you? You can't clear 35" tires with just a body lift, and that seems to be the benchmark for a "big" lift. I suppose people have been combining the 3" body with leveling kits for a while, but they've been putting them together from different sources. From what I understand, this kit that I have is relatively new, and not many manufacturers package them this way. I think we agree, being able to clear 35" tires for $1500 installed is a great deal. We might not agree that having to deal with driveline vibration is reasonable. The guys at the dealership sure think I'm a pain the butt. They told me that "all lifted trucks do that a little bit". Not mine!

Buxton91 05-30-2011 02:00 AM

That's just a common misconception that alot of people have when it comes to lifted trucks. They expect them to ride rough and be noisy, but in all honesty I think my truck rides and handles way better than when it was stock.