Bringing my truck in for the Fabtech 6" lift- what should I tell the shop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bringing my truck in for the Fabtech 6" lift- what should I tell the shop?

What should I tell the shop when I bring (Wednesday) my 2000 Flareside in for the Fabtech 6" lift? I know they are going to do an alignment, and I need the tires rotated. Do they have to mess with the torsion bars? I want them in the stock position (I think?). He did order a spacer for the drive shaft- if i need it.

Can you guys with experience advise me so I get this right the first time? This is my first lift.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Hunt&Fish; 04-13-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:24 AM
The install on that Fabtech is pretty basic. As long as they are a reputable shop they will have no problems. When I did my Fabtech, I turned up the torsion bars an additional inch to clear my tires. I also added an AAL (add-a-leaf) to make the rear a bit taller too. I would run the driveshaft spacer - it will help push the driveshaft back into the tailshaft housing and not stick out so much.

Be sure to post before and after pictures when it's all done and the specs of your setup!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks JD. I will be running 305's on my 10 inch wheels for a while, so there should be no problems with clearance. The shop suggested the spacer, and I agreed.

Just wondering if I was missing something before the install.

Quick Reply: Bringing my truck in for the Fabtech 6" lift- what should I tell the shop?