what steering should i use??? confused.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what steering should i use??? confused.

im almost finished with this truck and cant figure out what to do about steering. here are some pics of what its become and where it started. the factory steering is never going to reach no matter what pitman arm i use. should i do a knuckle over with hiem joints and 1" odm tubing or does anyone have any ideas or done this before. its a 87 f150 with a 93 f250 running gear with d50 and the 10.25 with 4.10s locked. i used the d50 due to wanting to do something diff. if any ideas please let me know. thanks

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ums-story.html

those are the pics please tell me what you think.

Last edited by f150vilan; 04-12-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: pics didnt show
Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 PM
do crossover steerng, you dont have to use DOM you can use Chromoly, and connect it with end links (hiems will work) id do hi steer so basically it will go threw the leaf spring arches, thats how mine will be done.

nice truck.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
can you hit me up with some sites or pics of what your talking about? im new to this ford steering had chevy's in the past and got tires of dealing with them thanks trimble yours is sweet too cant wait to see it when its done.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
yeah check out pirate4x4, chuckstrucks, and pavement sucks. just search around on those sites. there will be people with better ideas than mine. Does your truck have a gear box? If not then you will want to get one.

Id start with Chuckstrucks and post pictures of the frontend in Tech Talk and see what you get.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah i have the stock gear box. been looking around and found some great hi steer setups and others but boy are they up there in price also. ive done ok fabbing before i think i have a few ideas im gonna get them together and post them and let you tell me what you think. id like to do something like the bulletproof steering and see how that goes. its going to be a truck thats driven on the road alittle (like 30 miles to the mountain for offroading dont have a trailor). so i need something thats going to be safe and reliable. ill have pics and posted ideas up tomorrow. but if anyone has any ideas im up for them and thanks again trimble

Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 PM
No problem man, id really consider posting this question over on chuckstrucks they will DEFINITELY have opinions, just let them know what you are lookin for.

Quick Reply: what steering should i use??? confused.