Will it still fit in my garage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it still fit in my garage?

hey i was just wondering if you guys could help me out a little bit. i wanna get a lift and tires but i really wanna be able to pull into my garage still. i have been looking at all the 6" lifts with 35s or maybe the rancho 4". i was wondering what is the overall height of your trucks from the ground to top of roof with a 6" and 35s or a 4" rancho and 35s? thanks guys much appreciated.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
if memory serves, i think the typical garage door is about 7 feet? Dont hold me to I am not positive on that. But with my 4" Rancho and 35's i have about 1 maybe 1.5" of clearence to get into my garage..Its really close. I highly doubt you'll get a 6" with 35's into your garage. I can get some exact measurements somtime if you are that interested.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
yeah it depends on your garage door. my door is barely over 6ft. so my truck will actually push the door the rest of the way up if i ever tried to park in there

Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
with my 6" fabtech and 35s I can get in the garage going forward with about an inch to spare. I cannot back in. Difference between tire placement front to back I guess.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by noblem
if memory serves, i think the typical garage door is about 7 feet? Dont hold me to I am not positive on that. But with my 4" Rancho and 35's i have about 1 maybe 1.5" of clearence to get into my garage..Its really close. I highly doubt you'll get a 6" with 35's into your garage. I can get some exact measurements somtime if you are that interested.
i would be very interested to get some exact measurements from you guys. i am out of town right now so i will have to wait until the weekend to measure up my doors. if i can still get in with a 6 and 35s thats what im gunna do but if i have to go with the 4 and 35s i guess thats what it will take. i dont wanna park outside during the winter and have to deal with snow every day.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can roughly guesstimate if its gonna fit. just measure the truck now. add either 4'' or 6'' to that measurement, plus another 1.5'' to accomodate the increased sidewall of the 35'' tires. then, measure your clearance at your garage door. this should give you a pretty close idea if its gonna fit in your garage or not.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by rigs906
i would be very interested to get some exact measurements from you guys. i am out of town right now so i will have to wait until the weekend to measure up my doors. if i can still get in with a 6 and 35s thats what im gunna do but if i have to go with the 4 and 35s i guess thats what it will take. i dont wanna park outside during the winter and have to deal with snow every day.
I just ran out and took so fast measurements. My garage door is about 83.5" (6' 11.5"). I tried to measure the height of my pickup the best i could, i got somwhere around 82" tall, which should be about right because it looks like only have about 1.5" of clearence. So i dont have much extra room at all. Now, i did get a little more than just 4" out of rancho, and i have heard from some peole that it sits just about as tall as some 6" kits. True or not? i am not sure. But it maybe possible to fit it if thats the case depending on your measurements. I'm just not sure though, that 6" maybe pushing it but definetly go with it if you think it will work

Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by noblem
I just ran out and took so fast measurements. My garage door is about 83.5" (6' 11.5"). I tried to measure the height of my pickup the best i could, i got somwhere around 82" tall, which should be about right because it looks like only have about 1.5" of clearence. So i dont have much extra room at all. Now, i did get a little more than just 4" out of rancho, and i have heard from some peole that it sits just about as tall as some 6" kits. True or not? i am not sure. But it maybe possible to fit it if thats the case depending on your measurements. I'm just not sure though, that 6" maybe pushing it but definetly go with it if you think it will work

i really appreciate your help. i will be back in town friday to get a measurement on my door. if anyone could actually measure their 6" and 35s i would really appreciate it. thanks again.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
i have measured mine before with the 6" and 35's.... my roof height it right about 6'8", and my cab lights go about an extra 1.5".

something to think about though, is that all tires makes are a little bit different, and it depends on air psi, coil pre-load, etc etc. but the measurements above are how mine sits, to get you an idea.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
well finally just measured and i didnt realize how big my garage door was. it measured just over 8 feet with the door fully open (97"). so thanks for all your help guys.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 AM
I had a 6" Lift with a 2" leveling kit on 35s and mine was able to get in by 1 inch lol cut it way too close

Quick Reply: Will it still fit in my garage?