Can't align F150 supr-cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't align F150 supr-cab

I have a 01 F150 and about three weeks ago I had a flat on the right front. I went to Goodyear and had new tires put on the front. After the tires were installed, the pickup pulled to the right. I then took it in for alignment, switched the wheels and tires, still pulled to the right but the alignment showed it was not off enough to cause it to pull. Today, I had the tires and wheels changed again and a camber alignment kit installed. The pickup still pulls to the right and the alignment guy showed me the computer printout and he said it shouldn't be pulling at all as the alignment was about perfect. Does anyone have any other ideas as the alignment people are stumped. I asked if they saw any visible damage or anything else that could be wrong and they just rubbed their heads. This truck ran straight as an arrow before I had the flat. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The brakes don't appear to be rubbing or anything I can see that would cause it to pull.Thanks

Old 08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could be a tire issue. There could be a defect in the tire or different air pressure in them.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
could something be worn out like tie rods or a bearing and etc

Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I have switched tires even new tires and a new wheel with no improvement. I think we can rule out a tire or wheel issue. The truck is in pristine condition,60,000 pampered miles, never wrecked. I am just wondering if I could have put the floor jack to something which could have affected the steering when I changed the flat. I was on my way to a funeral when this happened and may have put the floor jack where I shouldn't have but I don't see any damage. I may look into a damaged tie rod or something else next week as like I said before the flat there was no problems. It seems like the truck pulled to the right after I changed the flat but I figured this was due to me having to put a 16 inch spare on the truck and the rest of the tires are 20 on Enkei wheels. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I have already been out $700.00 for new tires and a new wheel.

Quick Reply: Can't align F150 supr-cab