air ride/bag suspension laws?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air ride/bag suspension laws?

in the state of CA?

Does anybody kno what is legal and illegal about air bags? before i got my truck bagged i had asked around but didnt really think about it until i got pulled over the other day and the Officer asked me if i had bags all the way around. i had to say yes and he said "ok, well im not gonna mess with you on the bags, the truck is to nice".

someone told me that its not illegal only if i play with the switches on the street (like a major street) and another person told me that "bags in the rear is legal but bags in the front is not and its a $800 dollar fix it ticket." so now im all nervous when i see squad car. and i dont wanna call the CHP or anyone else to find out the laws because i dont want to give them any info on me if they ask.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Suspended
next time your walking and somewhere if you notice a cop just go up and ask him. thats what i have always done. or call up and ask even tho you dont want to. just say your thinking about doing those modifications and want to make sure its legal before you spend all the money.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:57 PM
i noticed i posted this in the wrong thread. it should have been in the "aftermarket" thread. sorry! hehe.

Quick Reply: air ride/bag suspension laws?