will the lift on my FX4 fit on a King Ranch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will the lift on my FX4 fit on a King Ranch?

My miles are getting kind of high on my truck and i if i were to sell it now (at my brothers car dealership), i could get a reasonable amount of my money back. I know that i would come out better returning it to stock form because i wouldnt get my money back on the lift, wheels, and tires. So i was wondering if i were to buy a King Ranch 04+, would my lift components fit on there? or would i have to go with another FX4?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:22 AM
yes, no, maybe?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 AM

i really dont think it would matter as long as it was
4x4.

wat is your lift setup. if you have a Body lift, it wouldnt be worth it to take off

Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Suspended
A King Ranch is nothing more than upgrades such as nicer leather, paint, and some KR badges. The frame and all of the undercarriage components are all the same. You could buy a Mark LT, and you would still be cool with the lift

I say do it man, I love my KR.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 AM
well i have an 8 inch suspension and a 4 inch body lift. i was going to leave the body lift on there and just buy another one later, but the suspension lift is definately worth taking off.. thanks for the answer man. if i see a mark LT i may have to see if its in my budget. An LT on 38's would be cool as hell!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't want to rain on your parade, but I think you're stuck with keeping the old truck as is and buy a new lift kit

almost every lift kit on the market required cutting part of the OEM subframe off to install the new front drop subframe.

remove the lift kit subframe peice, and now the truck is missing a vital part. unless you still have that part and can re-weld it back, the truck needs to keep the lift kit subframe

Old 08-13-2008, 03:59 AM
well yeah, you just rained out my parade! ha. how can i tell if that part was cut off of mine? is there any way to know before taking off the lift? its not a rize lift.. dont know what name brand it is.. heres a pic from the front. dont know how well you can see it..

Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
unless the installer took a long time to prep and repair the area, you should be able to find the frame cuts.

just look for ragged sections of the frame wherever the lift kit subframe goes anywhere near the OEM frame. you might even need to compare against a non-lifted F-150.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd say it's about a 99% chance that your frame was cut to install the kit. especially if you really do have a 12" lift kit. That kind of lift requires a hell of alot of suspension work

Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 AM
The piece that is cut is the lower control arm pocket, on the driver's side. (As your looking at it from the driver's side its the pocket on the right side... this is where the stock control arm bolted to. So now you will have a crossmember bolted there.) In stock form, a removable crossmember was bolted from that area over to the same spot on the passenger side. It needs to be cut so the front differential can be lowered. I would go to the website for Rancho/Fabtech/etc.. download the install instructions for our trucks so you can see what piece it is.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well if you plan taking your lift off, your gonna have the other truck already, correct? so just take them both apart, and you'll see where you need the bracket. any compitent shop can add a piece of metal to make your bracket again, the crossmember is just for rigidity anyway. what i would do is trace the other side and see what part of the ear is cutoff, take a plasma and cut out the shape you need and weld it to it, its not that difficult. there was some kid who just took his lift off, just some simple welding is needed. if you would have posted this a week ago, i coulda set you the crossmember and ear i cut off mine. eitherway its not a hard fix.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by beaurogel81
well i have an 8 inch suspension and a 4 inch body lift. i was going to leave the body lift on there and just buy another one later, but the suspension lift is definately worth taking off.. thanks for the answer man. if i see a mark LT i may have to see if its in my budget. An LT on 38's would be cool as hell!
Am I missing something here? Since when do they make a 4" Body Lift. I thought 3" was the max for Body Lifts... Unless of course it's homemade. I could be wrong be I think your BL is probably 3"... Not that it matters. Just wondering...

Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 PM

4 in body lift ????

Old 08-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by IDNC76
4 in body lift ????
I bet that was a bitch to install.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jditta
I bet that was a bitch to install.
I could see it now:

Customer: How much to install a 3" body lift on an 06 f150?

Shop: Labor for a 3" body lift on an 04+ is probably around $800-$1K give or take.

Customer: Well what about a 4" body lift?

Shop: Labor on a 4" body lift, well that will cost you another $200. Just because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

- Sorry OP...Just havin' some fun. In all seriousness, I'm willing to bet you have 3" body lift. I wouldn't advertise to anyone that your truck has a 4" body lift because I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist, or it's homemade... No reputable company makes a 4" BL...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM
I can't read today

Last edited by wrobo23; 08-13-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: will the lift on my FX4 fit on a King Ranch?