Going to do a 6+3 lift. Does one have to be done before the other?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to do a 6+3 lift. Does one have to be done before the other?

Thanks all for the past help on my other questions.

I'm going to end up doing a 6" suspension lift with a 3" body lift on my '03 Screw FX4.

Does it matter if the BL is installed before the suspension lift or vice versa? I was thinking of doing the BL first since it's cheaper and getting the suspension lift a few weeks later. Is it more difficult or easier one before the other? I plan on installing myself to learn how to do it and because I like to tinker.

Thanks much!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by EC99SS
Thanks all for the past help on my other questions.

I'm going to end up doing a 6" suspension lift with a 3" body lift on my '03 Screw FX4.

Does it matter if the BL is installed before the suspension lift or vice versa? I was thinking of doing the BL first since it's cheaper and getting the suspension lift a few weeks later. Is it more difficult or easier one before the other? I plan on installing myself to learn how to do it and because I like to tinker.

Thanks much!
I don't think it really matters. I might be in the same boat as you, I have a BL right now on my 03 SCrew, thinking about adding a suspension lift.

If you do the suspension lift first, it will give you little more room to work the BL in. Other than that though, I don't think it really matters. I did the BL first, then the custom exhaust so when I do my suspension lift, everything will be nice and neat. Many members stack lifts on here with no problems.

If you plan on doingh the install BL yourself, I have detailed pics with captions and descriptions in my gallery, so you know what you are in for. Good luck and be sure to post some pics when it's all completed.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Suspension then body lift will give u less headaches!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
imo, it would be easier to do the body first, b/c you won't have to jack the body another six inches higher than the three inches you already will have to in order to get it off the frame. if you're using a lift in a shop, i don't suppose it would matter.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by jk007
I don't think it really matters. I might be in the same boat as you, I have a BL right now on my 03 SCrew, thinking about adding a suspension lift.

If you do the suspension lift first, it will give you little more room to work the BL in. Other than that though, I don't think it really matters. I did the BL first, then the custom exhaust so when I do my suspension lift, everything will be nice and neat. Many members stack lifts on here with no problems.

If you plan on doingh the install BL yourself, I have detailed pics with captions and descriptions in my gallery, so you know what you are in for. Good luck and be sure to post some pics when it's all completed.
Awesome. Thanks bud. Your truck looks great. Those pics were helpful. I'm looking online now for a downloadable instruction set to look over now to get a full appreciation of what is required.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Go suspension lift first then body it is so much easier!!! Did a body lift on by buddies stock chevy, then did a body lift on my truck after I did the 7" suspension, it was way easier than the stock chevy.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks jjber -
Why is it easier to go suspension first?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Heres a pic of my 97 f150 with a 6 inch lift and 3 inch BL with 35s for now.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by EC99SS
Thanks jjber -
Why is it easier to go suspension first?
Having all that extra space under the truck made wrenching under there a breeze, not to mention fitting the sawzall under there to cut a couple of the seized bolts.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by minimonster17
imo, it would be easier to do the body first, b/c you won't have to jack the body another six inches higher than the three inches you already will have to in order to get it off the frame. if you're using a lift in a shop, i don't suppose it would matter.
this

I had the suspension on the truck already though

Old 08-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by minimonster17
agreed

Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think it really matters which one you put on first, I did the body lift first on mine but like some others have said if you do the suspension lift first you will have more room to work but it will be futher to jack the body up off the frame, either way you decide to do it will work, good luck with the installs

Quick Reply: Going to do a 6+3 lift. Does one have to be done before the other?