Removal & Reinstalling shocks... how?

Old 07-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removal & Reinstalling shocks... how?

I plan on taking off my skyjacker shocks off my truck this weekend to be repainted.
I have a F250 and I want to know the easiest & fastest way to get the shocks off and back on without any compressing tools.

FRONT & BACK

2002 F250 SD 5.4L

Old 07-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will bet you will have more trouble with rusty bolts over compressing the shocks. After shocks have been on a few thousand miles they are no problem to compress by hand. Take some before and after pics for us

Old 07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So for the front and back its all a matter of getting the bottom and top bolts out and they come out? No undoing anything else?

My front shocks do not have coil springs...

Originally Posted by torkum
I will bet you will have more trouble with rusty bolts over compressing the shocks. After shocks have been on a few thousand miles they are no problem to compress by hand. Take some before and after pics for us

Old 07-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
you dont have to lift the truck off the ground to decompress the shock, but it may be easier.

also you might need to lift the truck up some to get the length of the shock out from under the truck.

also the (rear shock) top mount bolts may be a tight squeeze up against the bottom of the bed, and i would recommend ratcheting wrenches

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removal & Reinstalling shocks... how?