Lift Kits??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Kits??

Wassup Guys,

I have a black 'o5 F-150 FX4 SuperCab.

The warranty is almost gone, and I am looking to lift it!

I have seen a lot of postings recommending Fabtech, but I am thinking Skyjacker.

I am wanting a 6" suspension lift.

Any recommendations or do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.

Tire and wheel combo recommendations are good also

J-bone

Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM
highly reccommend Fabtech, cst, and RIZE (just off the top of my head). All very good lift kits. Rancho also offer a quality lift kit but only 4". Which may be better if your not trying to go huge. As for tires... what do you want? You gunna go off-roading a lot? Mud? Snow? Rocks? Daily driver? worried about noise from the tires? How far do ya want em to stick out? How long do you want em to last? Need to be a little bit more specific bud. Wheels... same thing. What size? What look (black, chrome, polished ?) As for Skyjacker... i don't know much about their lift for our model trucks so... sorry but no advice there. But why do you want Skyjacker?? You can find a fabtech basic lift delivered to your door for right around $1600 or so... Plus, a ton of guys on here have the Fabtech, so if you run into any issues, you can just post on here and get some quick responses.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I would go Fabtech, and the guys on here really know their stuff so feel free to ask away

Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks Dude!

Daily driver, a little mudding, probably not much snow around here! no rocks except gravel roads i hunt on!

Noise=> don't care
Stick out=> don't care
Last=> long as possible, but i realize we're talking big tires, not 60k radials

Wheels=> just saw some bad *** KMC rockstars
Size=> 20 x 10?
Color=> Black or Chrome?

As for why...i honestly have no idea why skyjacker...maybe my black truck w/ red combo?? who knows!!

Thanks for the input. I have heard Fabtech is more for racing and has extra stuff, maybe this is why skyjacker. but they are both known names and have good reps.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Right on , well then I would still reccomend Fabtech. They have a performance lift that comes with all new coil overs and they are supposed to perform really well. I went with the Fabtech basic lift kit tho... ($$$ being my deciding factor) but SkyJacker is a well know name and I have never heard anything good or bad for their lift for our trucks. The kmc rockstars look flippin AWESOME in black in my opinion. 20x10 would be a great size, allowing your tires to get their full potential width . Now the ultimate question: which tires? I went with the Pro Comp Extreme Muds. A great tire, good off-road traction, not horrible on road wear. I should get 30-40k out of em (i am hoping). Another great looking tire I would Highly reccomend would be the new BFG km 2's. The tire just look GREAT, performs very good on and off road and BFG says our trucks should expect close to the 40k mark. If you want something less agressive, but with good off-road bite I would say the Pro-comp extreme All terrain. They look so much better in person then online, they are pretty darm agressive, but they have incredible on road manners for such a nobby A/T. They also come with a 40,000 mile tread warranty, so they will last awhile. Hope you got through this novel (sorry!)

Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I've heard bad this about skyjacker lifts for our trucks but don't know that for a fact.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think the 3 inch Skyjacker lift for the 04-08's is a good design but the 6 inch lift appears fine. I'd recommend the Rize, Fabtech or RCD lifts just because I've read so many positive reviews on them.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Suspended
If you want strictly a 6" lift, I don't think you can go wrong with the Fabtech lift at all. I don't like Skyjackers products personally. Plus if you can afford it get the DirtLogic coilovers and rear res. shocks!!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I asked the same question about the skyjacker 6" lift. No one has really given us a response on it. I dunno. If you are mudding it looks good on paper with new leaf springs for the rear.

The 3" coilover skyjacker strains your front end geometry the same way a 2.5 AutoSpring leveling kit will.

Quick Reply: Lift Kits??