NEW 06 Lariat ...Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW 06 Lariat ...Few Questions

Hey all ,

Noob to the site and the forum here , but i see some REAL BAD **** F150's here .

Just got my first Ford ------- NEW 06 F150 SuperCrew Lariat

Got a few misc. things for it right off the bat --- Husky Mats - Bed-X Liner - Bed X-Tender - RetraX -Bed cover

Soon i want to get some more $$$$ items and could use some helpfull advice ....

Things id like to do ---

Air Intake ------( i like the AirForce One so far )

6 inch susp. lift ,

20x10 Moto Metal 951's (well i did want them really bad till i seen EVERYONE on the net has them on there lifted F150 ) but prolly still them with With Nitto Terra Grapplers 35s ? (not sure which tred ) somthing still good for highway driving

Dual exhaust sytem

Bull Bar n Lights ---this ones a toss up

Now for My Questions

First off the lift .... any big differences to know about -- the guy at the Duuuur dealership says they recommend BDS 6 inch lift and then a level kit for front ... i never hear anything of BDS ??? i really want to avoid shakes and vibrations as much as possible , and keep as much of my handling as possibe . A guy at the Dealership said i will have strong "Vibrations" on hard exelaration with the 6 inch lift ? can you guys with a 6 inch lift tell me the diff. in handling you have now ??

Anyone try to run there stock 20s & low profile perells W/ a 6 inch lift ? or what about the above tires n rims without the lift ? just wondering about that too ....

Also i Really would like to Keep the Rear end a little Higher then the front ,,,like the stock stance/look but with extra 6 inches ....
Anything to get with the lift ? coilovers - steering stabil.?? or

Usally they level out with the lift , or i even see them were the front is actully higher .. id rather have it level out with a heavy load on the back

Also what about towing a smaller boat with the lift ( 17 foot aluminium ) ???

I just added a few picks of my new truck to a gallery , well if it worked ...

Any Advice on the Lift etc. would rock thanx

Old 09-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with a properly installed, quality lift kit. I'd suggest the 6 inch RCD, Fabtech or Rize lift. BDS has a pretty good reputation, but I've never talked to anyone with one of their lifts on a new F-150. As for the need to regear, that will depend on what engine and gears you have now.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I dont even think BDS has a kit for these trucks.. Also whoever is telling you to put a leveling kit ontop of the suspension lift is a moron, unless you have a 2wd.. What he said about vibrations while accelerating is not true. As long as you have a hitch, you will have no problems towing the boat.. As far as the rear end sitting lower, that can be fixed by adding an add a leaf..

Quick Reply: NEW 06 Lariat ...Few Questions