Leveling Spacer owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Spacer owners

I have decided to replace my Daystar with the Bilstein 5100 adjustables. (Not due to a problem with my Daystar, just wanted the comfort of the Bilstein's) The Daystar required longer bolts where the shock assembly connects to the pillar/tower. I had my Daystar installed at a shop some time ago and forgot to tell the shop to keep the oem bolts which are required for the 5100's.

Does anyone want to get rid of their bolts? Or does anyone know where I can get them w/o paying dealer prices?

Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going the same route. Have you completed this yet? It looks like we may also have to replace the spring isolator with the factory one. I didn't keep either the bolts or the isolator.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Zoltan,

Did you ever figure this out?

DLongoria

Old 09-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might try an ace hardware for the bolts. I am building a classic ****** jeep from the ground up. They always seem to have the right bolts even when home depot or autozone do not. I know they carry grade 8 bolts if that is what you need. Their bolts are inexpensive and high quality.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks LL.

Front what I can tell, the mount uses pressed in studs. When you install a Daystar, you are supposed to remove these studs and use the supplied bolts. I am hoping I can just use a shorter bolt.

Daniel

Quick Reply: Leveling Spacer owners