New Bilstein shocks dont work on my truck??!! Need help ASAP!

Old 12-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bilstein shocks dont work on my truck??!! Need help ASAP!

My truck is a 2004 fx4 crew cab, has a fabtech 6" lift with the older style coil over lift. No big spacers on the fronts.

Well I ordered the bilstein shocks, these ones to be exact.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-1982-...spx#.VKFXn14DB

And when i went to install them yesterday, the OD of the adjustable perch stop piece is too small, so my entire spring perch slips over it and falls off.

I'm assuming i can order a new stop piece, and if not, i'm going to have to have a big *** washer made out of 1/4-5/16 steel that will fit.

Basically, the ID of my coil perch is 2-1/2" and the OD of the little stopper is 2-1/2". The stop on my fabtech shocks is an OD of 2-3/4".

Old 12-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Thats pretty odd but I bet its bc you are using the spring seat off of the fabtech shock/spring. Most likey is larger than stock one. Do you have the stock stuff sitting around in garage. I always save everything

Old 12-30-2014, 03:22 PM
I bought my truck lifted like this, so i dont have the stock part. I've searched online to see if i can locate an adapter plate and cant seem to find one. I think i'm going to have my local metal fab shop here in town cut me two steel "washers" with an ID the size of my bilstein shocks, and an OD the diameter of the fabtech perch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Bilstein shocks dont work on my truck??!! Need help ASAP!