Suspension Question.....

Old 06-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Question.....

All - I'm looking for your feedback on improving the suspension of my '05 SCREW 4x4, 3:73 w/posi trac rear end (w/towing package - if that matters)

My truck is mostly going to be used as an airport/commute vehicle with an occaisional "off road" excursion.

I'm in process of installing the EZ Lift leveling kit and am looking to "firm" up the suspension a bit. Would a stiffer shock accomplish this? For instance, when on the freeway at 70mph + and I hit dips - the truck bounces a bit more than I'd like - what would help to stop the bounce - but not kill the ride either

Am I "wanting my cake and eating it too" ......

thx - I appreciate all of your opinions/comments/feedback.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:08 AM
No one has an opinion??? Wandell are you out there

Old 06-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by HotLap
No one has an opinion??? Wandell are you out there
I love the way my truck rides. No complaints. On the highway, off road, canyon roads etc.
Kinda worried I mess up the ride when I added the revtech coil spacer but I can't tell any difference. I got a FX4 and I believe they have a different shock package. Maybe you could look into one of those adjustable Rancho shocks.
I took a ride along the service road from Pioneertown up to Big Bear last weekend. Are there any back roads down to the beach up in your neck of the woods?

Old 06-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, you could probably install the Rancho RS9000's front and rear and you will be able to adjust the damping to suit your taste. Also, the front RS9000's have adjustable spring preload so you can adjust ride height.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Guys - thanks for the feedback - I'll check out the Rancho shocks....from the sounds of it - sounds like the fronts are the entire "coil over" package?

Norman - that's a good question - I'll have to check it out and please do share more info on the Pioneertown to Big Bear run......that would be a lot of fun testing out my new 4x4 - if it's not too "intense" - I've not done much off road before.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
snip...
Norman - that's a good question - I'll have to check it out and please do share more info on the Pioneertown to Big Bear run......that would be a lot of fun testing out my new 4x4 - if it's not too "intense" - I've not done much off road before.
I got the idea after reading Four Wheeler magazine. It had a little booklet included titled "Where to wheel" Below is the article that caught my attention. I did it in reverse and got a little off track when a guy I met along the way recommend I try the 2N03 trail into Big Bear. I think he meant to tell me to take the trail to his right not my right. We met going in the opposite direction. The 2N03 trail was much more difficult than the 2N02. I still want to do the 2N02 starting in Big Bear.

Pioneertown Road (FS 2N02), San Bernardino Mountains, California: If you are looking for a scenic trail, local to Southern California, that your stock SUV can easily traverse with the family in tow, then I recommend Forest Service Road 2N02, otherwise known as the Pioneertown Road or Burns Canyon trail. This trail is one of my favorites for its scenery and fairly easy-going terrain. Starting from Vale Road on the east side of Baldwin Lake Road, the 20-mile long 2N02 will take you from the mountaintop resort of Big Bear down to the desert town of 29 palms, in just a couple hours. Along the way, you'll want to look for the notable Rose gold mine, an old growth Joshua Tree forest, a burnt -out cabin and a full western town movie set, built in 1946. This trail can also easiily be run in reverse, allowing you to miss the traffic and giving you an alternate route to the town of Big Bear.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Here's a picture I took of the truck along the trail. Lots of rocks and dust.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension Question.....