Frequently Asked Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frequently Asked Questions.

I have a 98 f150 2wd u all know me. Ive recieved my daystar coil spacers in the mail last week and im planning my attack. Heres the problem. On top of installing the spacers the dealership tells me that my lower ball joints, tie rods,and something else is bad. Id say what but i dont have the paperwork in front of me. On top of that my front brakes need done as well as the wheel bearings are going bad and the rotors are out of round. I can do the brakes no problem but my delema is this. This is my vehicle i have no other. I cant dismantle it for 2 weeks tryin to put it back together. I have no idea what im doing with the ball joints, or the tie rods. Im great with brakes but ive never taken off a spring before. I have someone who would do it but again id be out my truck for god knows how long. Any advise woudl be appreciated. Im getting my oil changed again next weekend. (Its only 20 bucks and keeps me from having to get rid of oil) and thell look at the suspension again and check it over for me. Theyve told me nothing is emenent on the tie rods or the ball joints but soon they will require attention. Soon after the daystar lift ill be putting bigger tires on the front also which will add more stress to the suspension components. Any guidence would be greatly appreciated. If i take it apart once i dont want to do it again.

Ben

Old 05-23-2005, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take one good weekend with a buddy (who knows how to do it) and replace all that needs to be replaced. It will take a few hours but it could be done in just one day.

Quick Reply: Frequently Asked Questions.