Lift Noise Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Noise Question

Not sure what a good title would be, but I have a question so here goes.....

I bought a 2014 Super Cab XLT 4X4 5.0 new in Spring 2015. I didn't want to do anything to it until it passed the 3 yr / 36,000 mile point. At the beginning of this year at 49,000 + miles I decided it was time to upgrade.

I went to a 4x4 shop and ordered a 4" Fabtech lift, 35" tires and wheels. Dropped the truck off Wednesday night and was told it would be ready tonight (Friday). They close at 6:00 pm so I stopped by at 5:30 after I was assured it would be ready tonight. Anyway, one of the techs took the truck out for a test drive and when he came back he said it was making a noise from the right front side. He thought it sounded like a wheel bearing, but when he put it 4 wheel drive, the noise stopped.

So, they made some calls to a district guy and he determined it was the axle bearing after double-checking all vacuum connections. I kept my cool because it was all I could do and they assured me they would make it right. All good, but has anyone experienced this? I've put all but 4 of the miles on this truck and have not experienced any odd noises.

I guess my question is has anyone experienced bearing noises after adding a lift and bigger tires? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but then I have in the past only done coil-over lifts.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jerry

Last edited by nunya53; 01-20-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:29 PM
A Google search led me to this...any experts want to offer an opinion?

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.6d8rp0aGnjA

Old 01-20-2018, 09:41 AM

Quick Reply: Lift Noise Question