Cheap Lift

Old 02-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap Lift

A buddy of mine put 3 inch spacer blocks on the back of his truck and lifted the front a couple of inches with "spring spacers". It looked pretty good, so we did it to mine. The back is truly 3 inches higher, and the front is about 2 inches higher. He told me he heard that you could put the springs from a 3/4 ton up front and it would raise it a true 3 inches. Probably need new shocks, though. I'm a novice at this stuff. Does this sound right. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-21-2003, 09:03 PM
What truck is this on? From the sounds of it it sounds like either a 96- F150 or a 97+ F150 4x2. You might be able to use 1980-1997 3/4 2wd coils but doubtful. Even if they would fit I don't think you'll get any real gains from it. Also no 4x4 3/4 or 1ton Ford since 1980 used coil springs, they're all leaf springs which if you have coils won't work. Most suspension companies make leveling kits for coil spring trucks which does what it says, levels the truck out. I'd go this route over trying to make something from a different truck fit.

Old 02-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks. I figured it was too good to be true. What I'd like to do is a spindle lift up front, bet even they are pricey...

Old 02-25-2003, 03:15 AM
3" lift spindles

You can put 3" lift spindles on your truck and they run about $600-$700 installed. Any if your buddy is even somewhat mechanically inclined the spindles are relatively easy to install and will save you about $200. I put some on my 99 F-150(with help from budd, thanks Jake) and love them. I left the back end alone and it sits about and inch higher in the front but you don't even notice the difference. It looks level. By doing this you would not have to get diffent shocks, so that would save you some $$, that is of course if you get rid of those spacers. If you want to keep the spacers I would reccommend that you get new shocks all the way around since your rear is lifted. Go with Bilstein 5100 series shocks. You should be able get them at any place that does lifts. Oh and after this get the truck aligned. got ?'s, feel free to ask me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheap Lift