SuperCrew

Do I need alignment with torsions cranked

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I need alignment with torsions cranked

I heard of so many people cranking up there torsion bars to level out there truck. I was wondering about an alignment afterwards. I want to lift up the front end of my 02 screw to level it out. Is 1 inch higher going to level it ? Because I don't really know if I want to go anymore then that. Also how much lift do you get with 1 full turn. PS This is the greatest site there is out there!

Old 12-19-2002, 09:24 PM
First of all, you do need to have a 4x4, the 2x4s do not have torsion bars. But you already knew that right?

Normally about 2 to 4 turns will level the truck out. And YES you will most likley need an alignment afterwards. Some people don't but with that much of a change to anything in the front suspention you should get an allignment, besides there not much money and most alignment shops will do the torsin bar adjustment for you and then align it on the spot.

You can make the adjustment and then drive around for a while, if it dosen't pull at all then don't worry about it, allignments don't hurt and you should get one every once in a while anyways because of things like hitting curbs, wear and tear, and driving like a freakin maniac jumping off of hills offroading! Or that may just be me

Oh yea and welcome to the board. You can also search for just about ANYTHING that you can think of, it has most likley been asked and answered already.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the advise dcovell!! By the way your truck looks mint!! I love the 285 tire look. Tires can sure make a truck look good thats foresure. I want to see if BFG is going to make a 285 / 17 in an all terain. If you hear anything let me know.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:09 PM
exhaust tip

By the way dcovell, where did you get that exhaust tip and how is it held on [ clamp or welded ] It also looks mint!!

Old 12-20-2002, 10:46 AM
The exaust tip is welded onto the 3" pipe I had installed. That is connected to the muffler. It is a larger diameter pipe so it really dosen't more around just connected to the muffler (I think)

A muffler shop here in San Diego (east county) does a really good job, the muffler and tip are both bullet (a local brand). It's stainless steel, just a word of advise, don't get chrome it looks shinier but will chip and eventualy rust as it is just a coating. Stainless steel is solid and will last a LOT longer.

Oh and thanks for the comments. Check out Tirerack.com thats where I got mine. If they don't have it, they may not make it. Just beware when putting on larger tires they will slow your acceleration down and kill your gas mileage with the 3.55 gears, I am going to upgrade in the next 2 to 4 months to 4.10s.

Old 12-20-2002, 11:27 AM
When I cranked mine..

I needed an alignment.. There was slight pulling to the right, which I couldn't compensate for by minorly adjusting the torsion bars. I took it in for the warranted "one time" alignment by Ford.

Straight as an arrow now!

I'd say to get it aligned also regardless of how it feels....

Chris (ReelWork)

Old 12-20-2002, 11:50 AM
CR450f,
Hey BFG does make a 285/70/17 in an all terrain. I have them on my truck mounted to the 17" 10 spoke alum rim's. Same sat up as dcovell but with the BFG's. It look's great IMO !! Sorry no pic's though.

Old 12-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Head lights

Hey dcovell, what brand are your silverstar headlights and where did you get them. Did they make a big difference?

Quick Reply: Do I need alignment with torsions cranked