SuperCrew

Lightning Bilstein's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning Bilstein's?

I've got a chance to get a set of Bilstein's off of a buddy of mines Lightning and I'm wondering how it will work on a SuperCrew. I know we are dealing with a heavier vehicle but I'm hoping the weight difference isn't that bad and it won't affect the handeling to much if you guys think it will work. I've got a set on my 95 Mustang GT and it was one of the best modifications I ever did for the car and I'm hoping I can get lucky and have it work on my truck also.

Old 10-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Anybody?

Old 10-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by 2002_S'Crew
Anybody?
I just couldn't leave you hangin' 2'SCrew. Amazing that nobody knows. It would seem to me that there would be little enough difference in the weights of the two trucks that the shocks should work. Only thing that might "SCrew" the deal is if the "L's" mounting points are different. Somebody that knows is bound to take pity on you and answer the question better than me.

Just my .02

Old 10-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think that based on the differences between the Lightning and the F150 suspensions, not only the mounting points would be different, but the lengths may also... probably have to look at the specs from Bilstein, if they list the same shock for both, there you have it. Otherwise.......

Old 10-14-2002, 04:34 PM
I would almost be positive that the Ls shocks will not work on a SCREW even a 2x4 and definatly not a 4x4. I belive the L is lower than the SCREW. Now call you local dealer for the Biltiens and get the part number for the lightning and your truck the front or back may be the same but maybe not both or none at all...

By the way I just put the Bilstiens on my truck (4x4) and can't belive I waited this long!! Just sitting in it and you can tell the diffrence. The handling is 10 times better and you can control the truck more like a car. Plus it feels stronger if you know what I mean, more like a real truck this is why Chevy puts on the nicer shocks from the factory because it makes the truck feel more stable and to the buyer like a better truck.

Now if you like a soft ride don't bother because these shocks are stiff. Mine cost me about $60 each plus tax and instalation.

Go for the shocks even if you have to pay full price for them, one of the best investments you can make and you wont have to replace them for about 120,000 miles! Yes I had them on my last truck and over time as you beat them up they actually get stiffer.

Old 10-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Well my buddy in the Lightning has them off of the truck so it shouldn't be a big deal to compare them to mine and see if it will work or not. $60 a shock for Bilstein's???!!! A setup for Mustang's usually runs like $550-600

It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can post up what I find out though since he's moving this week and will be to busy to mess around with car/truck stuff until he settles in. Thanks for the replies everybody. Now on to my next mod

Old 11-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Bilsteins have valving specifically for a SuperCrew both in 2WD or 4WD. $60 each is the last price I had...
-Michael

Quick Reply: Lightning Bilstein's?