SuperCrew

New here! A question for you: Elec. fans?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here! A question for you: Elec. fans?

Hello all! I'm new here, and after doing some browsing I've decided the first and only (for now) modification I want to make is replacing the stock fan with an electric fan. I have a 2002 4.6L Supercrew and I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction as far as a quality fan (brand/model).

Also, how much should I expect to be charged to have it installed?

Old 07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Do you drive off-road frequently? I'd consider this before buying your e-fans. Also, if you do some searching on this website, you'll find tutorials that prove it can easily be done on your own.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM
i installed a flexlite 270 in my supercrew u can do it just take your time but u might want to get a tunner exhaust or air intake first thats what everybody else dose first tunner will help alott hope it helps 72

Old 07-16-2007, 05:14 AM
I do not drive off-road frequently but it does happen... why would this affect which fan application I would choose if you dont mind me asking?

Also, i'll be frank, I am absolutely CLUELESS when it comes to anything electronic and thats why I figured this would be a local shop job and not a DIY from the beginning... do you really think someone with no elec experience can install one?

I'll try to read a bit more before posting all my questions to avoid asking age-old questions... but theres so many damn threads on it and I dont seem to ever find my answers lol

thanks guys

Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flex A Lite 270

As said before the Flex 270 Fans are a very good choice. Just mount the controller behind the passenger side headlight and you should not have a problem. I have had mine for over two years without issues. You do not need any electrical experience just read the instructions a couple of times and you can figure it out.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yea you can set up your own system for 100-130 bucks depending on if you have a few things lying around.

Dont forget on whatever system you do, if you use nylon lock mounting strips, put heat shrink around the part inside the radiator so it doesnt eat up the radiator.
-Patrick

Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by LibertyUnites
I do not drive off-road frequently but it does happen... why would this affect which fan application I would choose if you dont mind me asking?

Also, i'll be frank, I am absolutely CLUELESS when it comes to anything electronic and thats why I figured this would be a local shop job and not a DIY from the beginning... do you really think someone with no elec experience can install one?

I'll try to read a bit more before posting all my questions to avoid asking age-old questions... but theres so many damn threads on it and I dont seem to ever find my answers lol

thanks guys
I don't know. I was seriously considering e-fans, but after my last off-road venture, I'm pretty sure that the mud under my hood would have really smoked the e-fan and its controllers. While the stock fan drains a bit of engine performance, I feel much more confident in its mechanical controls than the electronics that are used with e-fans.

Quick Reply: New here! A question for you: Elec. fans?