SuperCrew

?'s about my Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
TNC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?'s about my Supercrew

Hey everyone,
Just got an '04 Lariat supercrew. 4X, everything I ever wanted. So, a couple of questions. First, I don't have the code for the keyless entry on the door. May or may not be able to get it from the original owner. Ford wants $88 for it. Any ideas?
Secondly, the back seats have little fabric hooks on the top. Does the top part of the back seat fold down somehow?
Lastly, the manual says the sunroof is supposed to go to a 'comfort' position when using the one touch. Mine just opens all the way. Not really any kind of show stopper, just curious about it.
Actually one more question. When I stop and turn the key off, is there any way to get the rear doors to unlock automatically? Or at least make it so it's doesn't seem in the kid proof mode? Otherwise do I have to always hit unlock on my door or the key chain to let passengers out?
Thanks in advance!
Tim

Old 10-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Remove the back of seatback of the back seat and the electronic module is there. A five digit factory code is located there. You can find other threads on how to remove the seatback as it can be tricky. Once you figure it out you'll kick yourself. Basically there is a clip at the base of each side of the seatback that you need a screwdriver to push. My pictures might help.

Here is some instructions I found at another users site. While your there, check out his truck www.gordonmerrill.com/truck

http://users2.ev1.net/%7Eaustinmerri...structions.pdf

Last edited by RobInAb; 10-30-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Hey everyone,
Just got an '04 Lariat supercrew. 4X, everything I ever wanted. So, a couple of questions. First, I don't have the code for the keyless entry on the door. May or may not be able to get it from the original owner. Ford wants $88 for it. Any ideas?
Secondly, the back seats have little fabric hooks on the top. Does the top part of the back seat fold down somehow?
Lastly, the manual says the sunroof is supposed to go to a 'comfort' position when using the one touch. Mine just opens all the way. Not really any kind of show stopper, just curious about it.
Actually one more question. When I stop and turn the key off, is there any way to get the rear doors to unlock automatically? Or at least make it so it's doesn't seem in the kid proof mode? Otherwise do I have to always hit unlock on my door or the key chain to let passengers out?
Thanks in advance!
Tim
For question #1. How to remove the rear seat https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...r+seat+removal
For question #2. I'm pretty sure that's for a car seat strap.
Question #3. The comfort position on the sunroof is almost all the way open, it you bump the open again after it stops you'll see it move a little more. I don't know why they designed it like that It's basically all the way open anyway.
Wait a minute I know, If you do fully open it and get on the highway the whole headliner shakes. The comfort position diverts the air from going between the roof and headliner
It was never like that in my 02

Last edited by whitecrystal1; 10-30-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't it be easier just to lookup under the dash

Old 10-30-2006, 09:32 PM
TNC
Thanks for all of the answers provided. Luckily I was able to get the code from the previous owner ( originally he thought he lost it). Still not sure what the loops on the tops of the back seats are for. Also, anybody have any ideas about the back doors? When you park, they won't open from the inside until I unlock either from the drivers door or the keyless entry. As for the sunroof, whitecrystal1 is right, it opens MOST of the way in convenience mode. I like that it opens ALL the way but again, whitecrystal1 hit it on the head.... there's tons of road noise and it looks like it might tear the headliner out.
Thanks!
Tim

Last edited by TNC; 10-30-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Thanks for all of the answers provided. Luckily I was able to get the code from the previous owner ( originally he thought he lost it). Still not sure what the loops on the tops of the back seats are for. Also, anybody have any ideas about the back doors? When you park, they won't open from the inside until I unlock either from the drivers door or the keyless entry. As for the sunroof, whitecrystal1 is right, it opens MOST of the way in convenience mode. I like that it opens ALL the way but again, whitecrystal1 hit it on the head.... there's tons of road noise and it looks like it might tear the headliner out.
Thanks!
Tim
Read in your owners manual I'm 99.9% sure those hoops are to lock a child seat in.
I forgot you last question about the locks. No you cannot do anything but turn off the auto lock feature or add an alarm or something aftermarket to get the rear doors to unlock. I went through this with mine. I installed a Viper 791vx alarm/remote starter and I had the installer set it up to auto lock and unlock the doors through the alarm, with the ignition. I turned off the factory auto lock through the dash. Read you book it tell you how to turn off the auto locks. It's done through the info center on the dash.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Check to see if the child locks are on. Open the rear doors and look down by the latch in the doors and flip the lever, see if that helps.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by RacingJake
Check to see if the child locks are on. Open the rear doors and look down by the latch in the doors and flip the lever, see if that helps.
This would only be the case if the doors won't open from the inside at all (locked or unlocked).

Old 10-31-2006, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by TNC
Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance!
Tim
If the rear doors will not open from the inside...it's probably because the rear door child safety locks are set.

Open the doors...look on the inside near the latch...there's a lever that can be moved to release the child safety locks.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 AM
The loops above the rear seats are for child seats.

You can't open the rear doors when the doors are locked, you either have to unlock them or the rear passenger pull up on the lock to open the door, its just the way they were designed. This is not related to the child safety lock were you have to open the rear doors from the outside. Good luck.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
TNC
Thanks everyone for all the help. I should've been more clear, I'd already checked on the kiddie locks. It just seemed strange that a truck as loaded as this the b/seat passengers would have to unlock. But if that's the worst I deal with I'm in good shape. To whitecrystal1, how do you like the Viper setup? I'm thinking of doing the same since I'm in the snow a lot from Dec. to about May.
- Tim

Old 10-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Thanks everyone for all the help. I should've been more clear, I'd already checked on the kiddie locks. It just seemed strange that a truck as loaded as this the b/seat passengers would have to unlock. But if that's the worst I deal with I'm in good shape. To whitecrystal1, how do you like the Viper setup? I'm thinking of doing the same since I'm in the snow a lot from Dec. to about May.
- Tim
This is my third system and I just had another installed in my wife's car, system #4. I have had no problems with them. I bought my first back in 1991 and have been putting them on every car I've owned since. They are made by DEI check them out they make all the major brands, www.dei.com. The 791vx has a 2way pager remote and it shows you the status of you car (Doors locked,unlocked,active alarm what sensor is in alarm if the car is car running or not). The range on the remote is 1 mile I think. Plus the system has a lifetime warranty. Save your penny's and get it, it's worth every one.

Quick Reply: ?'s about my Supercrew