SuperCrew

Im worried now....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Im worried now....

Well i had my truck in the shop to evaluate and look over the AC system, just to look at real life parts, and not the class room set ups. Anyways i noticed a small linear crease under they front passenger side door handle. Looked a little more closely and noticed the handle was popped out of its socket some, and there is a chip on the underside of the plastic handle trim. And a few small scratches behind the handle assymbely.

So basically someone tried to break into my truck at somepoint in the last 2-3 weeks, all tho im pretty sure it happened in the last week or so b.c i washed my truck about 11 days ago and surely i would have noticed it then...

My teacher was like dont worry about it, if you have insurance they will pay for it if it does get broken into. But i dont have time or money to deal with ins. Im not sure if my deductabile is 500 or 1k. I will be finding that out soon. Anyways, do yall think its worth investing in a better alarm then this dealer installed pos? My alarm is supposed to go off when "forcible entry is detected" which basically means the truck door is opened....

Im also kinda wanting to shave my handles, maybe now would be a good time to think about how much that is gonna cost me. Not to say someone couldnt just break my window, but it would atleast make it a little harder then just pop the handle, knock out the lock cylender (SP?)

Sorry i dont have pics of then handle damage yet.
-Patrick

Old 10-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks that someone tried to break into your truck, Patrick.
Yea, you might want to consider a different alarm system. I like the alarm system on my wife's car. It's by Automate. If the vehicle is locked, and the door handle is pulled up, the alarm goes off. It detects voltage drop.
Shaving the door handles would be cool, too. Altho, it would probably cost a few $$$.

Mike

Old 10-12-2006, 09:56 PM
oh damn man, real sorry to hear. Well dont leave anything in the truck now. Go for the Viper alarm system, pretty good one. If you need body work done to the door ask around for how much the shaved handles would cost. Now you probably feel like me huh? trust no one, When I go into a store and I can see my truck outside the window then I keep looking at it, I dont trust anybody in Tioga county P.A, If I ever see somebody hit or kick or anything physical to my truck, i'm kicking the s$%^ out of the one who did it. Keep a good eye out man.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
"My teacher was like dont worry about it, if you have insurance they will pay for it if it does get broken into."

Your teacher sounds like a tool. My girlfriends car got borken into last week and her Ipod and changed got jacked, but what is more freaky to her is someone was in her car.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by crashtheline
Your teacher sounds like a tool.
actually hes pretty cool, he just has to understand im a poor college student that already is borrowing too much from mommy/daddy

sorry to hear about the gf's car...

I think at this point id rather have the whole thing stolen then just broken into. either way it will never be the same, and already isnt the same for me.
-Patrick

Old 10-15-2006, 09:33 PM
That sucks that you feel that it isn't the same. Too bad there are such *******s in this world. If i ever catch someone touching my truck I'm going to just go nuts.

Quick Reply: Im worried now....