SuperCrew

Quality? Not in this truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I think XTRUKY means a buy back from Ford. It sounds to me like you have a lemon of a truck and dealership.

Old 01-02-2001, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a very regional issue and its too bad that your local Ford zone rep is not better than he is. In 1997 I ordered a new Expedition when it arrived in Novemeber I was so excited to be one of the first. However within a week or two I noticed paint overspray on the windows. The in the fenderwell etc etc. The more I looked the more I found. The entire passenger half of it had been repainted at the factory for some sort of paint problem on the production line. I promptly contacted the dealer who then called in Ford. The quickly looked at the Exp and asked me what I wanted.

I said I wanted a new one. The zone rep looked at me ON THE SPOT and without flinching even once said OK.He gave me a speach about how Ford means Quality etc etc then walked the talk.

Ford let me drive my SUV until they built me another one exactly like mine. They offered me full retail credit against anything ford made but I wanted the SUV I ordered.5 weeks later called me and we swaped keys. No fuss no problem.

For that reason alone I will strongly give Ford top billing when I get ready to trade next time. Not to mention 60K plus miles of trouble free service from my Expedition. I am thinking the supercrew may be just perfect for me.

Old 01-02-2001, 10:25 PM
Hopefully, you can reach a rep like Rotts4 had and they can fix your problem.
I also have a loaded XLT 4x4, almost 1,500 miles now and no problems. Mine cost $30K, why was yours 35K?

Old 01-02-2001, 11:14 PM
Check kelly blue book to see how much you shoul dhave paid. www.kbb.com. Sorry to hear about your problems. But, If I was you I would go over the regional guys head to his boss.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:12 AM
Unhappy Quality? Not in this truck

Just wanted to let any future SuperCrew buyers know about my experience with this product, Ford corporate and the Ford Dealership itself. Purchased a 2001 Screw, XLT, all additional options except for Leather. Paid 35K. At 9500 miles it has been in the shop over 33 days, (its still in now). Its been thru 2 PCM's, a torque-converter, its SECOND transmission and 3 new coils in the engine...I literally cannot keep this truck running. I have been an AVID FORD FAN until now. I dont care what Chevy, GMC, Dodge or Toyota are doing, surely they are producing lemons as well. What I do care about is Fords pathetic response to my situation. I can understand a vehicle having issues, but the maker better darn well stand behind thier product. Ford has offered me a whopping $1000 trade in allowance towards a new Screw, meaning I would owe $4000 out of my own pocket. Why on earth would I pay this kind of money to replace a bad truck? The dealership is STILL trying to fix the truck, its been in 6 times. I have had a loaner since Thanksgiving, and the transmission job wont be done until the second week of January. If Ford were a decent company they would have given me an even trade on a new truck. These are not knicks and dings that Im talking about, these are serious issues that prevent anyone from using this vehicle at all. I could live with torn weatherstripping and running paint, but these issues are completely unacceptable. I mean no disrespect to any Ford fans reading this, but as a former Ford fan let me just say it can happen to you too! Ford is a large enough company to do better on its customer satisfaction proceedures.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:38 AM
Check the "LEMON LAW" for your state.
Sounds as if you have grounds for a but back from Ford Motor Co.

Old 01-03-2001, 01:27 AM
Angry

I have had alot of problems with paint also. The rear fender on my truck has been repainted three times. Once at factory, next nobody will tell me, and finally my dealer got it perfect two weeks later. I filled out my surrvey FORD sent me (NOT GOOD!) and I wrote a LONG letter about QUALITY and what it maens to me. First time FORD owner (CHEVY Z71 RULES), BUT!!! I do LOVE!!!!! my truck. No other problems yet. If Ford calls me back, I want Extra warenty on my truck for FREE, because of all the problems and having to drive a tarus for two weeks! 2001 XLT Supercrew, towing, 4x4, 3.55LS, power 60/40, soild white, 5.4, $$$$$$29,000$$$$$$$$ sticker $33,500

Old 01-03-2001, 09:35 AM
Hmnnn...not pleased to hear how little you all paid for fully loaded XLT's. Mine literally has every option available except the leather, from moonroof to cd changer to captains chairs, to towing II, 17" wheels, bed extender, etc. It stickered for 34870, with 2k worth of sales tax, tags etc it was out the door for 35k. Perhaps the truck market is a little tighter here in TN...at any rate, regardless of what I paid im not happy with Victory Ford in Lenoir City TN. The owner, J. Cappo even had the nerve to call my office and ask my assistant personal questions regarding my position here and asked her why i was sending him "nasty" letters. I sent one polite attorney-ish letter, approved by my attorney, telling the dealership, Ford, and Mr. Cappo that we are launching a media campaign (billboards, full page newspaper ads, etc) in the county where Victory Ford is located. I work in advertising so its easy for me to do this at a bargain rate. Until this action they were completely ignoring me. Now they are offering me a 100000 mile warranty at no charge and a written statement that the truck will be 100% after this last transmission job. Ford's EXP line has told me point blank that a customer can NEVER speak to a regional rep. Im wondering how it is that everyone else has not been told the same? Im getting less patient as time goes on and I hear how much better many of you were treated by ford for things that were less significant than a major lemon. And yes, the truck qualifies for TN's very non-specific lemon law, which my attorney has told me is very hard to win in court in the state of TN...aaarrgghhhhhhhhhh...losing my patience here.

Old 01-03-2001, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Business must be good to be able to treat customers that way.
Great idea about advertising.
I suggest picketing in front of the dealership. (Check local laws of course)
Good Luck!
I only have 5K miles on mine. No problems.
It's an awsome truck.

Old 01-03-2001, 07:36 PM
SuperSCrew,
I know how frustrating this can be. I just went through this with a Ranger. Ford has a Dispute Resolution System setup for this. It worked for me. There are lemons out there, I got one and you may have one too.
Email me if you want more info.
Eric
slowguy@my-deja.com

Old 01-04-2001, 12:13 AM
SS,
Wow wotta crock !! 1st of all my dealer told me that any thing but Excellent on the survey was a failing grade for dealers( No problem cause I was gonna give em an Excellent anyway.) The survey helps to qualify them or DQ them from "Blue Oval"
status. This is worth at least another 1.25-1.5% more profit on every sale they make. This is alot of money in a year !! They are PARANOID about the ratings here in NJ and Penn.so going to Ford should get their complete attention.Based on the behaviour so far my guess is they're probably already out of the running.
My dealer gave me the regional reps phone # at my request one time -no problem- but I think you should go over his head if you can, although you may have to play the "proper channels" game.
I think if you tell a Ford rep. your plans to "Advertise" your experiences with their product and name names they should be looking for flaming hoops to jump through
I would go for nothing less than a new duplicate vehicle and key swap as posted above. Call VOPC and see if they can give you a customer support # even though they're the dealers resource.
Sorry you got a bad one.
WT

------------------
Ordered on 11/2/00:
VIN'd on 11/13
Built on 12/4
ETA week of 12/25
Merry Christmas to me !
Picked up 12/28/00
drove 100 miles in Snowstorm on sh!&&y roads on 12/30/00 -- SWEET !!
4X4 Lariat
SCrew, Arizona
Beige, 5.4 Liter, Offroad
Pkg, Moonroof, Rear
slider, Capt's seats,
Side steps, Bed xtndr,6
CD, L S D 3.55

Soon: ******* X2K Lid, Line-X Spray-in liner, Intake mods.

Old 01-04-2001, 11:16 PM
Cool

I guess I KILLED my dealer on the survey! I also wrote a letter of complants, and put it in the same envlope and mailed it off. Think FORD will call me. Nice letter(did not #!$**#), but REALLY put down Fords quality.

Old 01-05-2001, 11:27 AM
Well, here's the latest...its starting to get almost laughable. The tranny job was supposed to be done today, they swore up and down I'd have the truck back tonight. I called to check the status, and it turns out they ordered the WRONG transmission, and have to reorder the dang thing, i might have it back by the end of NEXT week. I have never seen a bigger bunch of bumbling morons in my life. I am going to look into the Dispute Resolution department, and my boss is having our attorney file a suit against Ford and Victory Ford on Monday. The billboards and newspaper ads will go up the last week of January. Again, if any of you find yourself at a Ford dealership owned by J. Cappo, (he has several across the US), RUN, dont walk, out of there. This man runs a terrible show, and I intend to tell the world about it. I still love SuperCrews, they are incredible trucks. After being without mine for close to two months, I miss it a lot.

Old 01-05-2001, 09:06 PM
Thumbs up

SuperScrew,
You have GOT to do 2 things, PLEASE....
1. Get and post pictures of the billboards and ads. We might bronze you on this site for this alone.

2. Check out this thread in the Engine section. If you have the time read all 5 pages - if not read page 4 toward the middle some posts from RJ, Mark in LA and last but not least LEMONFORD. You should find it enlightening. Not necessarily good,
but forewarned is forearmed.....

https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/002167.html

Also, if you end up in Giant Stadium with Jimmy Hoffa you got all of us as witnesses- What does Capo mean anyway??

------------------
Ordered on 11/2/00:
VIN'd on 11/13
Built on 12/4
ETA week of 12/25
Merry Christmas to me !
Picked up 12/28/00
drove 100 miles in Snowstorm on sh!&&y roads on 12/30/00 -- SWEET !!
4X4 Lariat
SCrew, Arizona
Beige, 5.4 Liter, Offroad
Pkg, Moonroof, Rear
slider, Capt's seats,
Side steps, Bed xtndr,6
CD, L S D 3.55

Soon: ******* X2K Lid, Line-X Spray-in liner, Intake mods.

[This message has been edited by WhiskeyTango (edited 01-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WhiskeyTango (edited 01-06-2001).]

Old 01-06-2001, 12:49 AM
I second WhiskeyTango's motion. If we start letting big corporations walk all over us by producing crap, there will soon be no quality left in our vehicles. They will pump them out the door w/o regard to the quality as long as the money keeps rolling in. However, they do appear to be working on this. Someone high up in Ford had the foresight to think ahead and see the "big picture". They seem to be more and more concerned about long-term loyalty, thus the "Blue Oval" certification and the frequent surveys. This is a good thing!! Whether or not that is a result of them wanting to produce a quality vehicle or a response to competing manufacturers in order to stay competitive, I don't know. I guess it really doesn't matter to me. Who cares WHY they are doing it, as long as we continue to receive quality in both product AND service. However, I would like to believe that they REALLY care about the quality because they want to build a superior product. Obviously you haven't experienced this so far. I can't see Ford wanting the negative publicity that you are willing to throw at them. Image is everything in marketing. I would be very interested in seeing those billboards too and hearing about any responses you have had from them. (End the philosophical speech). That's my two cents.

Quick Reply: Quality? Not in this truck