SuperCrew

Need Help W/ Tranny Codes

Old 07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help W/ Tranny Codes

Need help. My check engine light just came on the other day and at the same time the OD light on the shifter began flashing. I took it in to get the codes read and the shop came back with two codes.

PO740 & PO743

Their recommendation is to drop pan, and as long as there is no debris, then R&R Solenoid Packs and Torque Converter. Please advise. This has me a little perplexed as although the truck has over 83K, the trans has never given me any fit what so ever. No missed shifts or sloppy shifts. Just very confused. Also a few days before the check engine light came on, the speedo wigged out a few times going down the freeway. Cruising along at 72MPH and all of a sudden it jumped to 45MPH and then back. Only did it a few times and the whole while everything ran the same. No engine or tranny variation or anything. Almost like a sticking Speedo cable but not jumpy. Just back and forth. Not sure if it is related or not, but around the same time, my cruise began surging whenever set. It will not hold a speed at all. Please help.

FYI, my truck is a 2001 F150 Supercrew with the 5.4L and Auto trans and 4X4

Old 07-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I gave you an answer in the trans section where you already posted it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help W/ Tranny Codes