SuperCrew

New Supercrew...crooked Fx4 Decal

Old 05-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Supercrew...crooked Fx4 Decal

Does anyone out there know if it's easy to remove the FX4 decal from the box? My new (april) truck has a crooked one on one side.

Old 05-22-2005, 10:50 AM
personally, i would take it to the dealer and have them deal with it, but if you want to remove it, a hair dryer to warm it up should help with peeling it off. i'm not sure of what to use to get the glue off the paint, though. maybe someone will chime in and help.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Smile FX4 Decals

Originally Posted by MR STEWCREW
Does anyone out there know if it's easy to remove the FX4 decal from the box? My new (april) truck has a crooked one on one side.
Mr Stewcrew,

Congrats on the new truck and welcome to F150online!

The FX4 sticker will pull off easily. I took mine off my truck after ~4 months in the hot, S. Texas sun. I started using a hairdryer with the first one, but found that I didn't really need it. When you pull the sticker off, it will stretch (A lot!), so if you were thinking of pulling it off and straightening it, you will probably have to get a new sticker (in which case, I would go to the dealer for warranty work).

If you are interested in custom FX4 stickers, try Zdecal or Ebay FX4 Decals . Zdecal sells through ebay (username: softdecal) and I bought Carbon Fiber "Ford" decals to cover the blue ones on the grill, tailgate and steering wheel of my truck.

I wanted some black ones, but haven't found a design that goes well with the Blazing Yellow, Black and Grey color scheme of my FX4.

Welcome aboard!

Edited to add: I didn't have ANY residual glue. If I had, a little Goo-B-Gone and a little wax would surely have taken care of it. I doubt you'll have any problem with the adhesive.

Last edited by wattman1; 05-22-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:47 PM
I would reccomend putting the truck in the sun for about an hour, then try to peel it off. When you peel it off, lift at about a 45 degree angle from the panel. Don't try to peel it back, try to lift it off! It shouldn't leave too much adhesive that way. That is the method I used to use when I was a painter, and it saved alot of time and effort. I could remove the decals from the side of a Toyota in just a few minutes that way.

To remove the adhesive left behind, go to Wal-Mart and get the 3M general purpose adhesive remover in the Automotive section. It is packaged in a small can for about $ 5.00. Use a shop towel to apply the adhesive remover, and always wipe the area dry..this is a solvent, so damage can occur!

Best regards,
Kevin

Old 05-23-2005, 07:24 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I removed my FX4 stickers an hour after I brought the truck home. Just a little heat and adhesive remover.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:15 PM
.79 cent bottle of rubbing alcohol works well to remove adhesive from the stickers or those free advertisments that most dealers put on your tailgate

Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by mike93lx
personally, i would take it to the dealer and have them deal with it, but if you want to remove it, a hair dryer to warm it up should help with peeling it off. i'm not sure of what to use to get the glue off the paint, though. maybe someone will chime in and help.

agreed. this is something they should have corrected at "dealer prep"

Old 05-27-2005, 06:43 AM
a heat lamp will make it like rubber.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
I have a 2002 FX-4. I removed the stickers with a hairdryer and my fingers. They roll off easily once you get an edge, just keep using the hairdryer to soften it. No appreciable residue left behind. I waxed the area and it was clear and shiny.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Supercrew...crooked Fx4 Decal