SuperCrew

Moon roof Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moon roof Questions???

I just got a 2002 King Ranch Super Crew and would like to add a flip down DVD for the rear seats.

Can I add one with the moon roof, or will the DVD unit be in the way of the roof operation?

Thanks Tom
2002 KR SC
2004 GT-Conv.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I think you would have diffuclties with the setup you want. I think you will be better off getting the units that go in the headrest. Good luck!

Old 05-13-2005, 02:18 PM
The moonroof cannot be coupled with a roofmount screen. They interfere with each other. I also understand that you don't want to cut your leather in the headrests, because I don't want to either. I have just made do with the in dash DVD screen for now. You might be able to have a custom flip up screen fabricated into the rear of the front center console though. I had considered that, but don't have a need for it yet, as I don't have any kids to entertain yet.

Old 05-15-2005, 06:04 AM
The 04 and 05 Expeditions have moon roofs and a DVD system and there is no interference. Then again, they may have a completely different moon roof assembly but it sure looks the same to me on quick glance. The DVD unit casing does hang down about 4-5" from the roof though so it might interfere with the use of the rear view mirror.

Quick Reply: Moon roof Questions???