F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   SuperCrew (https://www.f150online.com/forums/supercrew-63/)
-   -   Tonno Cover (https://www.f150online.com/forums/supercrew/195273-tonno-cover.html)

SCREW05 04-26-2005 02:08 PM

Tonno Cover

I just purchased a new 05 Screw and am looking into Tonno covers for it. I am debating between and Access roll top type, and a lid type like Extangs Fulltilt or the Undercover. For the most part , I will be throwing items in the back, but every so often I will be loading mulch, moving furniture and such. What do you guys recommend in terms of quality, design, and ease of use?

Thanks

screwed02 04-26-2005 02:15 PM

Extang Platnium on my '02. Love it.

SCREW05 04-26-2005 02:37 PM

thanks

Thanks for the input. I hear Access is better quality than Extang? Snaps or velcro? Give a wave to my alma mater in A'town (Muhlenberg!)

Night Runner 04-26-2005 02:40 PM

I just put a Fold-a-Cover on my 01 SCREW and love it. Its lockable and removable weighs about 45 lbs. Thier site is http://www.fold-a-cover.com/

jswford 04-27-2005 08:23 AM

I have an undercover tonneau on mine and really like it. It comes off really easy and hangs right on the wall. It only weighs like 48 lbs for the supercrew. Of course it costs a little more than a soft cover, but i think it was worth it.

snappylips 04-27-2005 09:53 AM

Originally posted by jswford
I have an undercover tonneau on mine and really like it. It costs a little more than a soft cover, but i think it was worth it.
I second that. Got my Undercover about 6 weeks ago. I don't know how I did w/o for so long.

While you're at it, check out the Bedrug.

SL

dragonsm 04-27-2005 09:58 AM

I have the access cover on my 02 F-150. Originally was purchased for my 99 F-150 and it made the swap when I traded in the truck. Going on year 6 and it has held up great!

I did finally have to strip the velcro strips off the aluminum rails this past spring as the "loops" were finally wore out and weren't holding like they should. Called up Access and they sent me the $26.00 kit for free. Great customer service!

As for the snaps......I have never seen anything good with those. Always see either the snaps rusting or tore out or something...just my two cents.

Good luck in your search

Steve

APT 04-27-2005 11:37 AM

I had an Extand Plantinum pn my 99 F-150. I liked a lot of things about it, but the snaps sucked. Go for the Saber if you want an Extang.

I have an Access Cover on my 03 which is better in ways, worse in others than my Extang. I'm thinking about the Undercover now, but not sure I want to commit to a hard cover.

Jeeps&Fords 04-28-2005 02:20 AM

I have the Extang Fulltilt Snapless and I love it. Very easy initial installation. Easy access to the bed. Easy one-person on and off if you need to remove it. Plus you can roll it up and tie it behind the cab if you are away from home and need to use the bed. The instructions were good, and the hardware was very high quality.

01GreenCrew 04-28-2005 04:10 PM

I've got an Access Limited Edition roll up on my 01. Had it for a year and love it. We put an Undercover on my dad's 03 Harley Crew and I like it also. It boils down to what you really want. If I'm at Home Depot and decide I want to purchase something large I can just roll mine up and go. If you get a hard cover you have to plan ahead at times like these. The Undercover is a good choice for hard covers because it is very light and comes off easy.

40/99/04trucks 04-29-2005 02:29 AM

extang rt you'll like it looks/price i have it on my 04 screw

goslow 04-29-2005 07:39 PM

I put a Retrax cover on mine a month ago. It works well.

My other truck has a snuglid on it. The snuglid is nice, but you have to plan ahead if you are going to buy anything that is tall so you can remove the cover and leave it at home. The cover for the full size trucks (my other truck is a ranger) is fairly hefty so I didn't think myself and my wife would be able to remove it somewhat easily like the ranger one.

I also like how the cover when rolled back allows the light from the cargo light to illuminate the bed when packing/unpacking at night.

www.rolltopcover.com is the manufacturer, best price I found was from www.truckgadgets.com

I got the electronic cover lock and tailgate lock at the same time.

Cats00 04-30-2005 09:21 AM

Originally posted by snappylips
I second that. Got my Undercover about 6 weeks ago. I don't know how I did w/o for so long.

While you're at it, check out the Bedrug.

SL

Another vote for the undercover. I have one on my 03 and it is great. I had a soft on my previous truck, but this thing is even better. It is so light, my wife can even take if off my herself.

Superbru 05-04-2005 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Cats00
Another vote for the undercover. I have one on my 03 and it is great. I had a soft on my previous truck, but this thing is even better. It is so light, my wife can even take if off my herself.
Undercover is the way to go. Ive had mine for two years and love it! Best cover for the money, IMHO!:thumbsup:

cwilley 05-07-2005 12:51 AM

I installed an American Roll Cover by Truck Covers USA in February and it is awesome. It was expensive, but it is like armor plating. Rated for 500 #s of weight on top; canister only takes up 8". Very flush mount. Great lock, rolls up quick and easy, and you can lock it in 3 positions.

You can see mine at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

I am selling it because I have decided to put a Leer shell on instead.

Chris