SuperCrew

Anyone used Sound off audio

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone used Sound off audio

I am going to get a box for 2 10s behind the back seat and there are 3 companies, Supercrew sounds, subbox.net, and sound off audio. All 3 boxes have the same air space and my subs will work in all 3 as far as mounting depth. Sound off audio is only 99 bucks, almost half of the scs box. Anyone have an opinion? Also, when I put the box in should I use a lot of sound dampening material?

Old 12-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Where did you find those companies for the sub Box ?

Old 12-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Off the web. Subbox.net and supercrew sounds advertise on the "other" F150 site. I found Sound off audio by doing a search for supercrew subwoofer boxes. I went ahead and bought the box from them. I figured at almost 200 bucks the other guys are making way too much off of me. I figure materials at less than 30 bucks to build it and I'll pay another 70 for their ingenuity and labor cost. I'll post back to let you know how it sounds after I get it in a week or so.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
A little late I know but I can report that the box is great. I ran a Hifonics amp to 2 MTX 4500s for about 3 months and was not happy w/the bass so I replaced the amp with a Soundstream Rubicon 500. It hit HARD until I blew the 4500s. Now I run into the problem of finding a 10" sub that will handle high power and have a mounting depth of less than 5". Anyone have any ideas???????????????

Old 05-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I went to high school with the guy that owns SoundOff Audio. He is an excellent person. I was talking to him the other day and they have many firsts... they ship out over 20 boxes a day to different distributors and customers.

Plus they really know car audio. They were the first to build a box for the 2004f150 as well as the first to build a box for the chevy colorado supercrew.

Regarding ideas, call the folks at sound off audio. Matt (the owner) can recommend a 10" speaker that will fit in his box and hit hard. Their phone is (850) 674-6363.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:15 AM
My experience with Sound Off Audio

I purchased a sub box that was advertised as a custom fit for my truck. I even spoke to Matt the owner/builder and was verbally told a box for my 2014 Silverado Double Cab to hold two 8W3v3-4 subs to fit under the rear seat could be done. I made the purchase. Approx. 2 weeks in I get a call in regard to weather my truck had a bracket under the seat. I indicated it had a bracket for seat mount. Matt stated he believes he built the wrong box and apologized. He said he would build another and send it. About 3 weeks later the box arrived. It didn't fit right. It was off center and stuck out beyond the seats making entry and exiting the rear tough. It didn't fit like the pics on the site show it to fit. Matt requested photos of box after I inquired about the fit of box. I sent pics of box in the truck as well as out of truck per his request. After about a month of emailing and picture sending I finally spoke to Matt and he stated that somehow a mistake was made and the box is no good for either of us and just said he would build another box and send it. I am to dispose of the incorrect box. It has been over a month and no box and no response to my email to inquire as to where my box is. I ordered the original box in November 2014 and it is 2/18/15 today and no working box and over $200 lighter in the pocket.**********UPDATE**********

I spoke to Matt today(2/18/15) and after being informed that another customer has the same truck in person. He was able to see the truck and said he can see where he needs to make a few changes to the build for my box. He stated local dealers did not or does not have the 2014 Silverado in stock to see the truck. Dealers in his area have the 2015 trucks in stock at this time per a quick area dealer search. Not clear if any 2014's remain so I will give benefit of doubt. At this time I requested a refund and Matt stated he would refund me and process it 2/19/15. I will update the result.

Last edited by Rambodog; 02-18-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Update to situation
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambodog
I purchased a sub box that was advertised as a custom fit for my truck. I even spoke to Matt the owner/builder and was verbally told a box for my 2014 Silverado Double Cab to hold two 8W3v3-4 subs to fit under the rear seat could be done. I made the purchase. Approx. 2 weeks in I get a call in regard to weather my truck had a bracket under the seat. I indicated it had a bracket for seat mount. Matt stated he believes he built the wrong box and apologized. He said he would build another and send it. About 3 weeks later the box arrived. It didn't fit right. It was off center and stuck out beyond the seats making entry and exiting the rear tough. It didn't fit like the pics on the site show it to fit. Matt requested photos of box after I inquired about the fit of box. I sent pics of box in the truck as well as out of truck per his request. After about a month of emailing and picture sending I finally spoke to Matt and he stated that somehow a mistake was made and the box is no good for either of us and just said he would build another box and send it. I am to dispose of the incorrect box. It has been over a month and no box and no response to my email to inquire as to where my box is. I ordered the original box in November 2014 and it is 2/18/15 today and no working box and over $200 lighter in the pocket.
Oye.

You signed up - a silly Chebbie owner - and resurrected a 10-yer-old dead thread on a Ford site, just to hear yeseff complain?

Problem is you and yer truck. Should have sent pics and measurements from the get-go.

Boo-hoo ....Suck it up ... go find a Chebbie forum to crap in... hear-tell TruckcoMedyCentral is lookin' fer fresh capons

MGD

Quick Reply: Anyone used Sound off audio