SuperCrew

Wind Noise on Drivers Side

Old 01-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind Noise on Drivers Side

At about 45-50 mph & up i'm hearing a swirling wind noise coming from the top of my window.

Just wantrd to know if this was normal wind noise for the SuperCrews or not!!!!

Thanks alot Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Keller

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2350

Old 01-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably not normal, could be the seals. First I would check to see that all are in place, second, take to the dealer and have the door adjusted. They can adjust the door alignment to help the seals.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:07 PM
i have an 02 and mine has alot of windnoise as u have descibed. took it to dealer several times and they said nothing was wrong,(normal sound) . they said it was from wind turbalance from the mirrors.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:54 PM
I have this wind noise on my 03 Screw also. I never heard it on my 01 Screw but I had weather tech visor's on it , so maybe it did.

Old 01-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Pull on the door handle while you are driving 45-50 mph and see if it gets quieter. If it does, then the door seal is what you hear. If that's the case then the dealer can adjust the door jam. If you have a SuperCab then it may be the rear door that needs adjusting.

My 01 Scab driver's side door did this when I bought it. I thought the dealer adjusted it too tight, but the wind noise was gone. When I brought it in, I told them the door was not closing tight, and needed to be adjusted.

Old 02-01-2003, 05:07 PM
I've leased/owned four different ford trucks in the past twelve years. Every one of them suffers from the same wind noise problem, especially when the outside wind gusts are high. Wind noise has never been a high priority for the Ford engineers, I reckon.

Old 02-01-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm gonna have a buddy drive my truck to see if the passenger side makes the same noise, and let him listen to my so-called wind noise, he is picker than me about such stuff.

will update

Old 02-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Wind Noise

Have an 03 Supcrew and same thing wind noise top corner of drivers and passenger window...had this truck 2 mos and gonna see dealer. Same thing with my 2000 ext cab
All other doors and windows are fine..just the drivers amd passenger. I've tried to pull doors in while driving but no go.

Will let you know when I see dealer

Fred

Old 02-02-2003, 08:33 PM
I have an 03 SCrew without the noise

Mine doesn't have the wind noise described in this thread, so maybe there is some hope for you. It would be worth playing with the seals around the door and adding some of your own to fix it.

Tom

Old 02-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Well, my buddy and I took a cruise tonight, i rode in the passenger side, same noise but not as loud as the drivers side, he agreed too.

Seals look good, nothing out of place. Might let the dealer have a crack, but i can only guess what he will say, noise, what noise

Old 02-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Ya! went to the dealer with my wind noise (drivers and pass window area)

Problem gone....The dealer has a wind and water section that blows a fine powder under pressure at the complaint area and looks for the leak.

The problem is at the top of the window where that black trim piece meets the paint, he said it's common.
Do what the dealer did, after he found the leak he put masking tape across that area and drove the truck.........easy eh!

Fred

Last edited by fedwards; 02-13-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Mine has the noise also and it got worse when I replaced my factory antenna with an aftermarket one. There is a way to check your door seals that often works. Mix up a bucket of water with a good dose of dish washing liquid (preferbly not with a fresh wax on your truck). Turn the truck on and turn the fan on defroster high. Get out and slop the mix around the edges of the doors. If your blowing bubbles you pretty well have your answer.

Old 02-13-2003, 01:01 AM
After closer inspection, the rear channel where the window rides in was not flush against the window, with the window down and a rag I gently persueded the seal back to its original place, the passenger side was not as bad, but I ajusted it too.

Went for a ride and its a lot quieter ride

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2350

Old 12-25-2018, 09:33 AM
I have the same problem with my 2003 F150 supercrew. When the wind is blowing at me and at highway speeds there is a loud wind noise. I can pull on the upper section of my door and make it stop, so I tried adjusting the tightness of the door. I now have to slam the door to get it closed but still have the leak. Perhaps there is a way to bulk up the weatherstrip or do further adjustments on the door closure? Anyone found a solution?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wind Noise on Drivers Side