MagnaCharger vs. Ken Bell vs. Powerdyne

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal, good idea. I had a similar one the past 2 days with this heat here in NY. I know my KB is hot..and with this heat i'm losing about 1 1/2 - 2lbs boost...(still, it posted some impressive and encouraging times today...see my best time thread) so i wuz kinda thinking bout a small a/c condensor between fenderwall inlet and air filter...hmmmmmmm

Old 04-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Still thinking, ............HMMMMMM......

Old 04-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Cool

HI!... Well I'm still definately going with the MAGNACHARGER set at least 9PSI. I have quite a few mods that will be going with the charger but I'll keep those to myself for now. MIKE T and I are confident that we can make at least 150H.P (flywheel) with the MAGNACHARGER and other "SECRET" mods. My goal with the charger is to break 500H.P (FLYWHEEL). My current goal is to go 13.80's in the 1/4 N/A. Right now MIKE and I are working on a speical SUPERCHIP "FLIP-CHIP" for my truck. I'm also adding a 90mm MAF, 80MM TB, TRUE RAM AIR SET-UP with aluminum ram box, and a adjustable fuel regulator on a "98" 5.4 fuel rail. I'm confident that with these mods and my fuel problem being solved (hopefully) that this will put me into the very high 13's. I am going to install a custom built "NPP" 2400 stall converter and slicks. This will hopefully get me my 13.80's E.T. I still want to re-do my entire exhaust system this fall, which will include JDM long tube hedders, two high flow cats, "X" pipe and all stainless steel mandrel bent tubing. Then I'm going to install a fuel cell kit and AREOMOTIVE fuel system with billet aluminum fuel rails. Also this WINTER coming up I think I'm going to get SHM to totally to me a set of 5.4 "P.I" heads for the truck. They claim a 40H.P increase (FLYWHEEL). So with some luck we might be able to break the 380H.P (FLYWHEEL) # still N/A! Now that would be cool!!!!! And just think? I would still have to install the supercharger!

Old 04-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Neal,

What the ****!?! What does HMMMMMMM. Mean?

BTBFord,

What the****!?! Your times are faster than the recent, Truckin' mag. 1/4 mile truck races .......with a twinscrew supercharger!

I give up. I think I might just get a NOS bottle the size of my truck bed and blow my pistions to the moon! ha!

Old 04-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Cool

HI!... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Old 04-18-2002, 12:34 AM
I knew it, I knew it! When the search function started working again, I got a clearer picture of what Neal was doing. He intends to have the fastest F-150 in the world, ever. By getting all he can out of the engine, then putting on a supercharger and then NOS.

If he breaks 500 hp, he will be able to beat a new "stock" Dodge Ram 500 hp coming out the later part of this year.

But, what will Neal do when another "Neal" starts modifying the Dodge Ram 500 hp?

and what does Neal mean by "secret mods."?

and when is Neal/Mike going to start selling NPP mods.?

most importantly, why is Neal and BTBFord both driving iron horse crazy with the HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

stay tuned as this epic adventure continues! ha!

Old 04-18-2002, 01:56 AM
Neal,

That is exactly what they did in the MM&FF article. They used an adapter plate and mounted the KB on the intercooled setup that was on the car.

If I remember correctly the base car was a Saleen with the Speedlab intercooler/blower setup. Have to check to be sure though.

You may want to get this article. Very eye opening, especially if you plan to run over 8 PSI or so.

Old 04-18-2002, 05:51 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm ..don't forget those rods n pistons.
Neal, you might be interested in watching the development of the trick 4 valve heads...hmmmmmm

Old 04-18-2002, 02:13 PM
BTBFord,

what trick heads? huh? huh? ha!

On a serious note, have your ever raced against a centrigfugal Procharger? If so, who won off the line? 1/8 mile? 1/4 mile?

Old 04-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Cool

HI!... IRON HORSE : If someone mods the new DODGE coming out and beats my fully supercharged F-150, I have no worries. I still have my "83" PRO STREET RANGER that makes 715H.P N/A and I'm planning on installing a BIG SHOT 250H.P nos kit on top of that!

BTB : As for the 4 valve head mods, that old news. I'm currently working on getting a set of experimental 5.4 3-valve heads that I will have fully ported/polished if I can get my hands on them.

Old 04-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Neal..those 3 valve heads sound mighty interestin! But now, back to the heat. I talked with Bob Kennedy today, of Kennedy's Dynotune in Niagra, NY. He's the vendor and installer of my KB last year. He told me the KB needs a half hour cool down time, it's definitely not an overlapper. But..he been using a water cooling injection system that takes off 60 degrees, and you can make run after run with the KB. Jet goes into intake before throttle body, and the pump can be installed behind headlights or in fenderwall. I may consider doing it...he says its a 2 hr install...so for me...probably 3 hrs. Also , he says the blozilla manifold gets more air and up to 40 more HP. hmmmmmmmmm

ps..Neal, i was getting fuel starved too, but larger injectors, larger fuel rails and dual fuel pumps in the tank helped tons...top speed is around 140 my tuner tells me.
I figure here's the time to show how my truck improved since april of last year. Had to dig out da old timeslips.....
Truck fully loaded....only mods were jet chip(ugh), K&N intake n filter, and flowmaster force 2 catback. 16.7@84..stock tires.
With KB, boost a pump, fmu, K&N and flowmasters and TUNED kb chip(stock from kb is ultraconservative)...plus 200 lb tonneau cover, hitch and spare and junk in bed,28x10 slicks...weight @ englishtown scales with me was 5406....14.46 @94. With prototype wet NOS system ....13.98@102. April 18,/02.. 88 degree weather...no tonneau, nitto drag radials, no hitch, no spare,no tailgate...(figure weight @ 5150lbs ..im 150) gteched first run being best 13.46@102...2000 rpm lauch with about 6 ft stripes. Bottom line... heat heat heat ..costs me 2 lbs boost..sheeeesh.. whatever happened to spring?????

Iron horse..theres a possible race in the makings with one of Crash's friends who lives nearby that has an ATI. Crash will make the arrangements. I've had a short (1/8th)55+ hit da blower sprint with an L....had and kept a cab length on him. We stopped and chatted , and gave him the name of my tuner. My best track 60 foot time before mods was 1.9...not bad for 5400 lb truck..lotsa torque! Should be even better now.

Last edited by BTBFord; 04-18-2002 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:18 PM
3 valve heads?

Blowzilla manifold?

kb chip?

flowmaster force 2 catback?

715 hp Ranger? That must be one of the fastest trucks on Earth.

L.... ? Is that an ATI? If so, a twin screw roots did out run an ATI in a "real world" setting?

Man, I am so out of my league!

Old 04-18-2002, 05:30 PM
Iron Horse, you're a fun guy !
Get a script for some prozac or valium to help ya chill out...lol!
L = Lightning and they are eaton powered...and my sprint was on the roll. Also, off line launching depends on several things...torque converter, launch rpm, tires, and of course, driver skill and experience.

idea...get a 4 x4 with two engine/supercharger setup...one for each axle........lol.....maybe i need the valium! :o)

Neal...last year at Fords @ Englishtown...top runner was a wicked Ford Ranger dat spanked all the L's.

Old 04-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Iron Horse, isn't it crazy? I feel out of my league. I have learned a ton from these guys. I think I have a pretty good understanding of what I need to do to be "fast". When these guys talk about this stuff I see dollar signs spewing out my tail pipes!
If I only had the dough!
He we all can't all be the fastest. At least the fast ones are Fords!

Old 04-18-2002, 06:23 PM
wittom, on my build book...remember, my truck is a show truck too..i have pasted a summit racing sticker that says.."Built With My Children's Inheritance" .... ask my kid what I left him in my will and he will tell you.... DEBT!!!!! lol

Quick Reply: MagnaCharger vs. Ken Bell vs. Powerdyne