Rough idle after plug change ~Supercharged HT0 plugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Rough idle after plug change ~Supercharged HT0 plugs

I changed the gas filter, air filter, and spark plugs on my Troyer Roushcharged 05 SCAB. today. PITA 4&8 I must say. Y'all know... I used Autolite HT0's again and gapped them to .032. They came at .034 but I still have the gap tool from the last 2 times. Annnyways...after all said and done I started the truck and it ran choppy for a minute and settled down. I backed out of the garage and put 'er in P to let the computer readjust the throttle. No relearn required since I have a custom Troyer tune with all parameters set. After about 3 minutes and throttle pitches going every which way she settled down to a nice 840 RPM at idle. Just as I was ready to back out and test drive she got real choppy and almost died but recovered after a minute and a few pedal taps to keep 'er running. Another minute or two later she settled down again and i was able to go for a drive. I drove 5-10 miles around town and then hit the freeway...0-100 in 9,3 seconds! 200,000 miles and damn son......she still has it. My 10 second truck is back. The previous plug changes were at .034 and there was no choppy relearn so this one was a bit scary on startup.. Thankfully the truck has a brain of it's own!

I know this a Raptor thread but it's the only supercharged thread I can find.

The old plugs were burnt down to at least a 1/16", 3 were fouled with goo and I wonder how the truck even ran. It's been 5 years and 55K miles of heavy foot syndrome soooooo....yeah.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:45 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Superchargers and Turbochargers

https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...bochargers-77/

I'll ask a moderator to move this.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thundertrucker
I changed the gas filter, air filter, and spark plugs on my Troyer Roushcharged 05 SCAB. today. PITA 4&8 I must say. Y'all know... I used Autolite HT0's again and gapped them to .032. They came at .034 but I still have the gap tool from the last 2 times. Annnyways...after all said and done I started the truck and it ran choppy for a minute and settled down. I backed out of the garage and put 'er in P to let the computer readjust the throttle. No relearn required since I have a custom Troyer tune with all parameters set. After about 3 minutes and throttle pitches going every which way she settled down to a nice 840 RPM at idle. Just as I was ready to back out and test drive she got real choppy and almost died but recovered after a minute and a few pedal taps to keep 'er running. Another minute or two later she settled down again and i was able to go for a drive. I drove 5-10 miles around town and then hit the freeway...0-100 in 9,3 seconds! 200,000 miles and damn son......she still has it. My 10 second truck is back. The previous plug changes were at .034 and there was no choppy relearn so this one was a bit scary on startup.. Thankfully the truck has a brain of it's own!

I know this a Raptor thread but it's the only supercharged thread I can find.

The old plugs were burnt down to at least a 1/16", 3 were fouled with goo and I wonder how the truck even ran. It's been 5 years and 55K miles of heavy foot syndrome soooooo....yeah.
Hello . You should do it more often))

Quick Reply: Rough idle after plug change ~Supercharged HT0 plugs