Lightning supercharger swap on 2003 F150 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning supercharger swap on 2003 F150 4.6

Whats up guys so I recently took on a new project, I got myself a 2003 Ford F150 and plan on making a a lightning clone. I have a built 4.6 already that I had on my mustang I know I'm going to need the 5.4 heads my question is are the 5.4 heads on a regular f-150 the same as the lightning heads or are they diffrent. Once i have the new heads installed the lightning supercharger should bolt right up correct? Any information on this topic will be greatly appreciated guys thanks in advance

edit: i found someone selling me a complete lightning swap from top to bottom comes with engine trans and wiring harness but no PCM am I able to get a PCM from another 5.4 truck and use that wiring harness and just have a tuner flash it and make it work somehow ? I will be using my current 4r70 trans that I plan on getting built. i figured it would be easier that way cause it's alot harder to find a wiring harness for the 4r100 trans

Last edited by Stevolokes; 02-05-2022 at 02:29 AM. Reason: New information.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:13 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevolokes
Whats up guys so I recently took on a new project, I got myself a 2003 Ford F150 and plan on making a a lightning clone. I have a built 4.6 already that I had on my mustang I know I'm going to need the 5.4 heads my question is are the 5.4 heads on a regular f-150 the same as the lightning heads or are they diffrent. Once i have the new heads installed the lightning supercharger should bolt right up correct? Any information on this topic will be greatly appreciated guys thanks in advance

just STOP!!!

welcome to 1997, where the 2-valve heads are available to the general public

in answer to your question all PI Windsor heads and cams are identical from the factory

however you will need a 5.4 block and crank and rods though if you plan on using a 5.4 intake manifold on your project truck

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-04-2022, 12:51 PM
Dang I thought the only thing I would have to change were the heads. Looks like ima have to sell my old 4.6. So once I do have that 5.4 then I would be able to bolt on the oem lightning supercharger right? I seen someone selling the lower intake manifold and supercharger for a good price. Thanks for the reply

Old 02-05-2022, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Stevolokes
Dang I thought the only thing I would have to change were the heads. Looks like ima have to sell my old 4.6. So once I do have that 5.4 then I would be able to bolt on the oem lightning supercharger right? I seen someone selling the lower intake manifold and supercharger for a good price. Thanks for the reply
you might want to put the brakes on, do some research before you get in over your head

there’s a required parts list posted for a reason

Old 02-05-2022, 07:51 PM

Old 02-05-2022, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the thread just checked out the list and the swap they are selling me pretty much comes with everything listed except for like the maf sensor and hoses etc. Thanks again for the info greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Lightning supercharger swap on 2003 F150 4.6