I need advice on forced induction

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I need advice on forced induction

i have a 2006 f150 5.4 generally speaking ive had a run of bad luck with this truck and im starting to dislike it but until april I’m still making payments on it so I want to make the best of it. If I still have it for when my little brother turns 16 pass it down to him etc. eventually I want to 5.0 swap it but that’s definitely out of the picture unril after high school. For now I want to make a good bit of power and not have to many issues I figured best way to do that is forced induction of some sorts im coming from a built 94 camaro pushing close to 500 that was supposed to be my pro am drift car to this truck that hardly likes to do a burn out haha. Come the first of the year I want to either make this look really good or give it the ***** a v8 is supposed to have im more function over form so I’m definitely leaning towards making more power. Throwing around the idea of procharging it or getting a used whipple. From what ive read 5-6 pounds of boost seems manageable for a daily driver. I’d definitely love to hear some feedback. Side notes on the truck motor has approximately 50-60k on it I keep it well maintained and honestly don’t get above 4k rpm ive had trans issues in the passed but that’s good now I’m assuming ill need at least a stage two build kit for it as well I will do all the motor work in the world but I’ve never touched a transmission so that’s another big expense I need to think about I suppose. Lmk what y’all think any advice or criticism will be useful thanks for your time

Last edited by mongo._.push; 11-23-2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Left something out
Old 11-24-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
leave it alone, you can't afford the forced induction or the premium fuel it'll require

Old 11-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Im already running 93. I didn’t think it’d be necessary to run 100 octane for low boost and a daily driver.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
leave it alone, you can't afford the forced induction or the premium fuel it'll require
that’s why I’m waiting for new years when I’m working 160+ hours for the week before and of new years I’ll have the money to do the build. I’ve had a truck with a 454 and a blower so I know I could manage the gas im not going to run race gas for a low boost dd anyway it’d be a waste unless I was hooning it or racing I’m just looking for the extra oomph that this thing should have