Magnacharger.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnacharger.

I'm getting a mangacharger for my truck On Saturday! I just wanna ask you guys what you guys think about the kit. Any information from people who have done this set up would be a lot of help! I'm getting instructions from the guy who's selling me the set up, but I still would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks
Vlad.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:26 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
that non performing embarrassment to boosted motors (it's a M90, belongs on low boost small cube four to six cylinders)

hopfully it's at least for the engine you have in your truck

Old 12-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think on a 4.6 it is not a bad s/c. Allen i think made this

i don't think that kit has been made in a long time. hopefully you got a good price and everything is there.

are you you sure it works with your year model and motor size?

if it was installed on another truck how many miles are on it? might consider a rebuild.

if your truck is a 4.6 that kit and a procharger and vortec are really your only options.

what year truck and how many miles are on it?

Old 01-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
i think on a 4.6 it is not a bad s/c. Allen i think made this

i don't think that kit has been made in a long time. hopefully you got a good price and everything is there.

are you you sure it works with your year model and motor size?

if it was installed on another truck how many miles are on it? might consider a rebuild.

if your truck is a 4.6 that kit and a procharger and vortec are really your only options.

what year truck and how many miles are on it?
The guy had the kit on a 01 Ford F-150 4x4 with the 5.4. Mine is a 02 with the 5.4 I have 110,xxx on my truck. The kit has 5,xxx but the fuel pump, heat exchanger, fuel rails, Coolant pump,intake gaskets, and a bag with nuts and bolts are brand new he had to buy them to complete the kit. The only thing he took off his old truck was the supercharger. The instructions go step by step on how to do the installation, the instructions also have a list of the parts the kit should come with everything is there.The only thing he didn't give me were bigger injector, but he said he never replace his injectors and the truck was working just fine. The guy works at a ford dealer he's a mechanic there, he said I could give him a call if I needed any help installing the kit. I have new spark plugs, new coil boots,new transmission and fuel filters. Anything I should do before I do the installation?

Thanks.
Vlad

Old 01-05-2016, 10:46 AM
http://jimroal.com/Allen/001_46-54-truck-install.pdf

i think the kit used the stock injectors

Old 01-10-2016, 05:34 AM

i think the kit used the stock injectors
with a FMU

Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 PM

I finally got it done! It took two days!

Last edited by vlad90; 01-23-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well it will produce more power than before. It will come at the cost of a lot of heat production.

If you got a good deal and you like it then rock it!!

Old 01-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by nonwoven29
Well it will produce more power than before. It will come at the cost of a lot of heat production.

If you got a good deal and you like it then rock it!!
I got a hell of a deal I think! I don't think is producing a lot of heat, but I'm in Colorado and we're in the middle of winter! Trust me man I'm enjoying every single time I get to drive the truck! I'm waiting for the summer to get here so I can instal this!

Gonna drop it 3 front 4 rear!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:24 PM
did you get it installed?

the 2v 5.4 needs help. of the options out there i think this is a good one. installing a lightning set-up would be nice but it is not a kit and something you have to peice together. some people have no problem with that and others would rather install a kit. at the lower boost levels i don't think heat is an issue, it has an intercooler correct?

Old 01-29-2016, 06:30 PM
did you get it installed?

the 2v 5.4 needs help. of the options out there i think this is a good one. installing a lightning set-up would be nice but it is not a kit and something you have to peice together. some people have no problem with that and others would rather install a kit. at the lower boost levels i don't think heat is an issue, it has an intercooler correct?
I did, the kit was really easy to instal. The only issue we had was finding a belt that would work, because the one I had for the kit was too small! Does anyone know the belt part number I should use with this kit? Any guys out there running similar set up? It does have an intercooler, no heat issues so far and I been driving it hard for a week. I just really need to find a better belt for the kit. I'm running into tensioner issues I think the belt is too small and is making my tensioner have a ticking sound. I think the bearing in the pully is under too much pressure, but other than the the truck is really fun to drive and it did improve a lot!

Old 10-29-2016, 08:39 PM

in all seriousness

start trying belts - annoy some parts store peoples and figure out which one you need

Old 10-31-2016, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
in all seriousness

start trying belts - annoy some parts store peoples and figure out which one you need

I got the right belttarajerame I need help with something else! Now I'm trying to change my pulleys from 6 to 8 rib. I spoke to a friend of mine who is the parts manager at a Ford dealer. He was saying that some of the 4.9 engines used a 8 rib pulleys. My question is would all the pulleys from a 4.9 work on a 5.4? One more thing I installed a boost gauge and I'm only readying 4lbs of boost. Where is the best place to install the boost gauge. I installed it from the vacuum line that goes on the fuel regulator. I'm also looking for a smaller pulley for the supercharger. I spoke to a guy from mailto:sfph@southfloridapulleyhq.com he had me mesure my pulley. He said I had a 2.75 pulley I been reading into it and I should be making a little bit more boost than what my gauge says right? If you guys could help out I would mean a lot to me!

Quick Reply: Magnacharger.