Will an oil separating catch can void my warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will an oil separating catch can void my warranty???

No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.

According to the Magnuson-Moss Act, it's illegal for a manufacturer to void a warranty for installing an aftermarket parts unless it directly causes a failure.
re: Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information

"THE SECRET SAUCE IS IN THE CAN!"

Old 01-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To continue spamming this area you will need to work the religion and political views of said can into this somehow. Otherwise you're in the wrong spot!

Old 01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
RX, I doubt you were starting a new religion or maybe offering an opinion on politics, so, I moved your thread to the Super/Turbochargers forum.

However, if you think your views are super controversial, I can move them back!

- Jack

Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
RX, I doubt you were starting a new religion or maybe offering an opinion on politics, so, I moved your thread to the Super/Turbochargers forum.

However, if you think your views are super controversial, I can move them back!

- Jack
Sorry about that, thank you.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RX Performance
No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.

According to the Magnuson-Moss Act, it's illegal for a manufacturer to void a warranty for installing an aftermarket parts unless it directly causes a failure.
re: Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information

"THE SECRET SAUCE IS IN THE CAN!"
Seen this? https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...need-know.html

FWIW - it's been my experience that Ford has both more money and more lawyers than the average consumer. Attempting to joust with them in court over a warranty claim denial is typically a losing proposition.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FWIW - it's been my experience that Ford has both more money and more lawyers than the average consumer. Attempting to joust with them in court over a warranty claim denial is typically a losing proposition.
what is this common sense garbage, next you are going to tell me not to argue with the police.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Seen this? https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...need-know.html

Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
what is this common sense garbage, next you are going to tell me not to argue with the police.

I'm with them .... more money = Ford winning. FWIW you can ask your local stealership if they are mod friendly. My local guys work with me if they can in anyway.

Quick Reply: Will an oil separating catch can void my warranty???