Any other 6.2 boosted f150s out there ???

Old 05-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by screwxtr
Was at 9psi with the 75mm pulley before headers. Dropped to 7psi after. Have a 72mm on the way to bring it back up to 9psi.
Thats awesome you lost 2psi with a header upgrade. Shows how restrictive the stockers are even at low boost levels. And now you are flowing the same air if not more and making more power with less boost.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Thats awesome you lost 2psi with a header upgrade. Shows how restrictive the stockers are even at low boost levels. And now you are flowing the same air if not more and making more power with less boost.

A lot of people think of PSI drop as a drop in power, but really it is just the opposite. Your engine is running much more efficiently with a nice free flowing exhaust.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91

A lot of people think of PSI drop as a drop in power, but really it is just the opposite. Your engine is running much more efficiently with a nice free flowing exhaust.
I agree. A drop in psi is a good thing in this case. Definately making more power. I wish I could have a done a before and after dyno. Just wasn't convenient at the time. I don't think I gained much in hp. But definately gained torque. Which is what matters. Torque is what gets you going. And that's where the 6.2 is good. It's a very torquey motor. I had a very nice torque line on my dyno graph before. Started early and was even all the way up in the rpm range. Havnt paid attention to gas mileage. But I would say it didn't drop any. Might have actually increased. It's making its power more efficiently and at a lower rpm. During regular driving I'm getting the same if not better then when the truck was stock. Can't wait to install smaller pulley and get it dynotuned.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
From everything I had heard and read I was under the assumption that the stock manifolds and exhaust were pretty free flowing. Boy was I wrong. Without even tuning for the headers I can allready feel more torque, better throttle response. Feels it takes less to get it going. Just waiting for the smaller pulley to get a proper tune. Like you said, it's pretty impressive that I dropped 2psi's at such low boost levels.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:01 PM
From everything I had heard and read I was under the assumption that the stock manifolds and exhaust were pretty free flowing. Boy was I wrong. Without even tuning for the headers I can allready feel more torque, better throttle response. Feels it takes less to get it going. Just waiting for the smaller pulley to get a proper tune. Like you said, it's pretty impressive that I dropped 2psi's at such low boost levels.
Well I've been on the fence about whether or not to do headers when I do the exhaust later this year.... You've sold me... LOL! Even though I'm not blown yet, I think it'll be worthwhile to get it out of the way and enjoy some gains and sound until I go boosted. Do you mind telling us about the rest of your exhaust setup? That is, if it's not top secret... LOL! Like Canadian6.2 said, there's just not a whole lot of info out there on non-Raptor 6.2s...

Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Kooks headers, kooks y pipe, kooks high flow cats, no resonator, Corsa catback. Had Roush when I first supercharged it. Droned too much and quality wasn't there. Looked like crap after a few months. I did like the sound. Would have been way too loud with headers. Corsa, no drone, excellent fit and finish, performs well. Wasn't that loud before headers. Quiet until you got on the loud pedal. Sound increased quite a bit with the headers. I can keep it relatively quiet. But screams when I get on it. Would definately go Corsa again. But it's all about preference. Some people like obnoxious loud. Some like it quiet. This is kinda in between. If I were to do it again I'd actually like to try headers with stock exhaust. Especially with the raptor or Harley muffler. They have a slightly deeper tone. I was told by a performance shop that's what they recommend(headers with stock exhaust). Then if you want louder you can go from there. Cheaper and easier to make it louder then it is to quiet it down after you made it too loud.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Dbl post

Last edited by screwxtr; 05-21-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Also anyone interested in Kooks. Maryland Speed was the best price I could find. They included free coating in and out for the headers. Takes a little more time, but well worth it. I wish I would have taken pics before I put them on.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Crash!
Sweet. Good thread, good write ups, and GOOD pics by op...

Kooks are expensive, but you get what you pay for. One of our projects is running Kooks. They are supporting North of 700 RWHP.

Nice job guys. Twin.
Pics ?? I don't even know how to post pics in the threads...

Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are those Kooks long tube or shorties?

Old 05-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Long tubes

Old 05-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Kooks headers, kooks y pipe, kooks high flow cats, no resonator, Corsa catback. Had Roush when I first supercharged it. Droned too much and quality wasn't there. Looked like crap after a few months. I did like the sound. Would have been way too loud with headers. Corsa, no drone, excellent fit and finish, performs well. Wasn't that loud before headers. Quiet until you got on the loud pedal. Sound increased quite a bit with the headers. I can keep it relatively quiet. But screams when I get on it. Would definately go Corsa again. But it's all about preference. Some people like obnoxious loud. Some like it quiet. This is kinda in between. If I were to do it again I'd actually like to try headers with stock exhaust. Especially with the raptor or Harley muffler. They have a slightly deeper tone. I was told by a performance shop that's what they recommend(headers with stock exhaust). Then if you want louder you can go from there. Cheaper and easier to make it louder then it is to quiet it down after you made it too loud.
Thanks so much for that post! Always cool to get some good opinions and reviews. Couldn't agree more with that last part too.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:07 PM
How has your truck being doing with the supercharger? I've only had mine on since September. 6.2 with Roushcharger, smaller pulley, Cobra Jet tb, SSW Lt headers, hi-flow cats, upgraded y-pipe, MBRP exhaust and JDM tune. It's been running great.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 AM
I actually just got rid of the truck... Bought a cts v. The truck was running great though. No problems at all. JDM are great to work with but do yourself a favour and get a dyno tune from a reputable tuner. You might want to consider traction bars to keep everything from twisting. I have a set of your interested BNIB JLP ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any other 6.2 boosted f150s out there ???