about Roush blowers and how to unlock the 6PSI limit!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LongNap
I just wanted to think everyone for sharing this information. I have Jim Sr tuning my truck on the 27th., I'm installing a 2.9 Whipple on my 2012 Harley-Davidson and I've had a few conversation about vendors stated HP and what you really get. This explains some things I've heard about Roush and really helps me get my mind around a few things. The more I read, the more I'm glad to pay Jim to tune my truck!

-David
Your trucks gonna be a beast!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 PM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crfaut02
Dumb question, If i put a 2lbs pulley and VMP tune on my roushcharger do I also need to get rid of the 6psi box? Or will the tune and smaller pulley make the superchager make the correct added boost?
I gotcha man; if your vehicle was tuned with the box like mine was and you take it off you'll need a retune. When I took mine off and kept the same tune I had boost flare where it causes your boost to jump around during normal driving conditions every once in awhile.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 PM
MDK
Going on the dyno this Sat. Not sure if I'm gonna try the Troyer tune because this JDM tune is soooooo much better. Troyer had a nice tune in there when I left his shop but his high elevation tune is crap compared to JDM. Not to mention my old dyno #s were at sea level these new ones will be at 6500ft and on an AWD dyno which shouldn't matter but it is a different dyno than Troyers. Gonna be 30F too so hopefully the IAT does its job. Gonna take some readings but I would be surprised if the JDM tune isn't close to perfect.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by MDK
I gotcha man; if your vehicle was tuned with the box like mine was and you take it off you'll need a retune. When I took mine off and kept the same tune I had boost flare where it causes your boost to jump around during normal driving conditions every once in awhile.
So if mine is tuned with new new pulley will it be making the correct 8ish psi or does the box have to come off prior to make the wanted boost?

Old 12-11-2013, 07:25 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by crfaut02
So if mine is tuned with new new pulley will it be making the correct 8ish psi or does the box have to come off prior to make the wanted boost?
Boost is mechanical so if your motor makes 8lbs of boost you can't tell it to only make 3lbs which is why you have to know how much your stock motor can handle.

If you have a +2lb pulley on your blower/stock motor and are at sea level your Roush should make about 8psi. Get a boost gauge or take it to a place with a dyno and have them plug in theirs, do a pull and if you only make 6lbs take off the box and do another pull. If you make close to 8psi on the second pull you have your answer. Put the box back on until you can get a tune for having the box off because there is a difference between having it on or off I'm proof of that.

Unfortunately for me unless I go back to sea level I can't verify if I got my 2lbs back because I'm at such a high elevation and my gauge shows me only getting to 6lbs up here. You lose about 2-3lbs here in Colorado.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:44 AM
Clear pics of instructions

[QUOTE

instructions from JDM:

I wanted to see if you could post a clear image of the instructions or maybe email them to me. I obviously have the same issue.

Last edited by 05 RoushTuscany; 02-04-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:54 PM
I am also looking for this info. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 05 RoushTuscany
[QUOTE

instructions from JDM:

I wanted to see if you could post a clear image of the instructions or maybe email them to me. I obviously have the same issue.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:27 AM
click on the 2 thumbnails from the first thread, it works for me on my pc, haven't tried on my mobile.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by widj
click on the 2 thumbnails from the first thread, it works for me on my pc, haven't tried on my mobile.
Thanks. I was trying it from a work PC - tried from another and it worked.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Well I unplugged the power to the solenoid box and moved vac line 5 into elbow 6...

I found it was more responsive and more power when the SC grabbed but I did not find it reliable as I got a lot of lag, sometimes so much I let off the gas and reapplied. Other times the power was not smooth - like the boost was not steady (bouncing a little). I would also getting valve tap like the timing was off.

I think I will revert

Old 05-25-2015, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=Mammoth2500],

I let you know how mine goes, won't know until I get my truck back. I'll see if they have any issues with it as well.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:53 PM
that's because the tune has to be adjusted, JDM tune is compatible with it as long as you request it, Troyer not compatible as far as I know

Old 05-26-2015, 08:52 AM
that's because the tune has to be adjusted, JDM tune is compatible with it as long as you request it, Troyer not compatible as far as I know
What is the determining factor in compatibility? or do you have a hunch?

Old 05-27-2015, 11:35 AM
call Jim @ JDM, I don't know about tuning, but the document explains part of it already no?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Bah makes sense. I still have the Roush tune. I reverted back and shes as whiny as she was before.

Looks like I will be waiting for this mod as I am not ready to spend 800$ on a tuner + email tune. I much prefer to have it all done in a shop with some dyno #'s.

Thanks for the input!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: about Roush blowers and how to unlock the 6PSI limit!