1998 F150 4.2L V6 turbo or supercharger...???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1998 F150 4.2L V6 turbo or supercharger...???

have you guys got any idea of whether i can put a turbo or supercharge my engine.. its a little 4 2 but id like to do something stupid with it... let me know if theres anything i can do and how to go abouts doing it!! thanks!!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:02 AM
There are ways to do both, neither of them cheap. You can put an Eaton style roots blower from a Lightning or a Mustang on it but you need to get an adapter plate to mount it to the intake. Only two places I know of that sell them are supersixmotorsports.com and moranav6racing.com. About $1000 for the part. You can go with a centrifugal style blower as well. Turbos are good as well, just a lot of fab work to be done for the piping.

There's tons of stuff I left out or forgot, but this isn't an easy or cheap mod. If you are not going to be tearing down the motor and going with beefed up/forged internals I wouldn't go higher than 6-8 PSI of boost.

There's tons of info on this site from guys who have gone FI on their trucks.

www.v6f150.com

Old 11-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can do all the fab work yourself then a turbo is the way to go. If you have to pay someone to build it then its going to get expensive really quick. I found deals for about a year on parts and stock piled them before starting. I should have less than 3k in my whole turbo kit, which i cut no corners on. Everything is new, and i spent the extra for stainless everything. Belts are for holdin your pants up

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by 150xlt
If you can do all the fab work yourself then a turbo is the way to go. If you have to pay someone to build it then its going to get expensive really quick. I found deals for about a year on parts and stock piled them before starting. I should have less than 3k in my whole turbo kit, which i cut no corners on. Everything is new, and i spent the extra for stainless everything. Belts are for holdin your pants up
agreed turbo is much more efficient at power making ...but ..the Easton whine (especially with welded silencer ports , sounds amazing and turns heads like crazy.iv had a few turbo cars but never a supercharger.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Pacificsvt

agreed turbo is much more efficient at power making ...but ..the Easton whine (especially with welded silencer ports , sounds amazing and turns heads like crazy.iv had a few turbo cars but never a supercharger.
I agree the wanton sounds kick *** and would make me happy every time I drove it.iv also had a turbo car civic ..(don’t hate lol) and it was a blast and great learning experience.hands down turbo would make the power I want and that bob whoosh sounds so good but not eatin whine good..I’ve read lots and continue todo so but it’s not getting my decision easier.money plays such a large role in the choice unfortunately..if the adapter plate was more affordable and the m112 prices weren’t rising (I check eBay daily and asking $500 us for an m112 only good for parts ) .it’s be the way I’d go .. but I see turbo setups from Stanford guys that are getting out of the build for reasonable prices...

Last edited by Pacificsvt; 09-22-2018 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Quick Reply: 1998 F150 4.2L V6 turbo or supercharger...???