Having trouble getting ahold of Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having trouble getting ahold of Vortech

Hey every one,
I've been trying to get ahold of vortech and been doing alot of searching trying to find out which pulley and belt size to use to achive 12 lb. of boost for my 2004 f150 new body style. i am deployed in iraq right now so its a little bit harder to get ahold of the companies. if any one has any information on sizes or part numbers it would be greatly appriciated. thanks for your help

Old 12-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
FatherFord is selling his vortech setup and its already pullied for 12#

Old 12-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
just send vortech an email or call 'em via yahoo messenger (cheaper than the AT&T rip off trailers) or PM father ford and ask him what size upper pulley you need

Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I've emailed, and called never got a reply through email and sat on hold for ever in a "rip off trailor" I've talked to FatherFord about it but hes not 100% sure on the sizes so i was hoping some one was.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
2.87 maybe? I really can't remember. What is the stock pulley size?

My vortech is at my parents place, I'll be there this christmas and can find out then.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by VonCali
Hey every one,
I've been trying to get ahold of vortech and been doing alot of searching trying to find out which pulley and belt size to use to achive 12 lb. of boost for my 2004 f150 new body style. i am deployed in iraq right now so its a little bit harder to get ahold of the companies. if any one has any information on sizes or part numbers it would be greatly appriciated. thanks for your help
VonCali,
I can't tell you exactly but I can tell you on my setup, which is the V1-Si upgraded unit, I'm getting about 14psi and I have long tubes and open exhaust which reduced my boost just a little so I would probably be around 16 if I hadn't done all the other mods.
I"m running the stock lower and a 2.5" upper.

It's actually pretty easy to estimate. Take your current combo and determine where you are now and calculate the blower speed. THen you determine how much of a % increase you need to increase to get you to 12lb. Then you simply multiply your blower speed by the % increase you need. Then can use the vortech speed calculator to determine which pulley you need to increase you that same %. More or less calculating the ratio's to get you in the ballpark.
You'll never be exact, everyone's combo's flow more or less so the same setup on different trucks will have different psi.

I would almost bet you the 2.8" would be in the ballpark.....I think my old 2.95" was getting me about 10psi.

Last edited by derrick929; 12-13-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by derrick929
VonCali,
I can't tell you exactly but I can tell you on my setup, which is the V1-Si upgraded unit, I'm getting about 14psi and I have long tubes and open exhaust which reduced my boost just a little so I would probably be around 16 if I hadn't done all the other mods.
I"m running the stock lower and a 2.5" upper.

It's actually pretty easy to estimate. Take your current combo and determine where you are now and calculate the blower speed. THen you determine how much of a % increase you need to increase to get you to 12lb. Then you simply multiply your blower speed by the % increase you need. Then can use the vortech speed calculator to determine which pulley you need to increase you that same %. More or less calculating the ratio's to get you in the ballpark.
You'll never be exact, everyone's combo's flow more or less so the same setup on different trucks will have different psi.

I would almost bet you the 2.8" would be in the ballpark.....I think my old 2.95" was getting me about 10psi.
Pretty sure 2.87 or something in that ball park keeps coming into my mind. The belt has to be real tight to keep it from slipping.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VonCali - Let me know what size you need and I'll see what I have left from my Powerdyne days....same pulleys, nearly new shape, and cheap to you.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM
i'm guessing 2.87 also from all the researh ive done that number keeps coming up. its there a way to calculate belt length? im going to have problems with the belt im sure i really wish i was home and not in iraq right now to get this install done so i quit loosing sleep over it

Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
VonCali - Let me know what size you need and I'll see what I have left from my Powerdyne days....same pulleys, nearly new shape, and cheap to you.
THANK you ONELOWF!!! You are awesome!!!

FATHERFORD... Would you be able to get a part number off the belt you were running if its not to warn out? hopefully that will get me close to what i need with my set up.

And thank you every one for your help. its hard to get thing done being in iraq but thanks to awesome people like all you my dream is about to be real. just need to do the install and get her tuned cant wait to go home in feburary!!

OBTW.. i bought a magnaflow tru-x muffles dual in dual outs so when i do my true duals with my high flows i can hook them strait in to the muffler because its also and x-pipe was this a good choice im going to have it side exit with monster black tips.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by VonCali
THANK you ONELOWF!!! You are awesome!!!

FATHERFORD... Would you be able to get a part number off the belt you were running if its not to warn out? hopefully that will get me close to what i need with my set up.

And thank you every one for your help. its hard to get thing done being in iraq but thanks to awesome people like all you my dream is about to be real. just need to do the install and get her tuned cant wait to go home in feburary!!

OBTW.. i bought a magnaflow tru-x muffles dual in dual outs so when i do my true duals with my high flows i can hook them strait in to the muffler because its also and x-pipe was this a good choice im going to have it side exit with monster black tips.
I think it's the same part number I'm running now with my saleen. It's an odd ball belt that I always have to order in.

It was TIGHT on the vortech. It took two people to put it on, but I got absolutely no belt slip.

My exhaust setup with the vortech was true dual 2.5", factory front cats(rears cut off), and the magnaflow dual in/out dumping after my axle. That alone before my tune woke up the truck with the blower.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 12-16-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Just ordered the Troyer fan kit and that was the last thing on my list i wanted for the install well except the belt but im going to wait to hear back from father ford for that. I have waiting for me HT0 plugs, thanks to ONELOWF I'll have the 2.87 pulley, Got a BAP from MCDOVER, ordered the dash fit dual gauge pod, Boost and Fuel pressure Gauges, of course like i listed above full exhaust. well and of course a brand new vortech set up. Hope thats everything i need besides a tune any one know of any thing else i should get before the install? or any suggestions please let me know. and this is just the performance parts I've got, i have a garage full of other goodies for my truck time for a total transformation

Old 12-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you pretty much have everything, just need a good tune now.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:14 PM
yes and thats something im still doing research in having trouble finding a good shop. when i install the vortech should i wait till my truck is on the dyno to install the new pulley? of can the stock vortech tune handle it as i drive to a shop?

Quick Reply: Having trouble getting ahold of Vortech