Blown procharger seal

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown procharger seal

I was very happy with my procharger until two days ago. A bearing on the impeller side broke and damaged the seal . The procharger had most of its oil when I took it apart and changed all the bearings. However, I couldnīt find the seal that goes on the impeller side, so I installed a regular seal for the time being. What type of seal should I use there? any clues?
Being in Venezuela doesnīt help, so shipping the SC to ATI is not an option for me, but I can import the seal if I know where to buy it.

Thanks for the great help you always provide.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by flavio marco
I was very happy with my procharger until two days ago. A bearing on the impeller side broke and damaged the seal . The procharger had most of its oil when I took it apart and changed all the bearings. However, I couldnīt find the seal that goes on the impeller side, so I installed a regular seal for the time being. What type of seal should I use there? any clues?
Being in Venezuela doesnīt help, so shipping the SC to ATI is not an option for me, but I can import the seal if I know where to buy it.

Thanks for the great help you always provide.
I've heard NAPA carries the exact seals that is used. You'll have to Google around to find the article someone did on changing the seals on his ProCharger.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Look on ModularDepot.com, that is where the article on the seal part number and how to change it are located. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Blown procharger seal