Warranty with a Super or Turbo charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty with a Super or Turbo charger

Is my warranty voided if I install a super or turbo charger.A guy here at work said have ford do the work and maybe my warranty would still be good.Also what does a lighting have in it a turbo or super charger and what brand is it.THANKS
99 F-150 w/32,000

PS...........................Is it hard on an engine with it in it.

Old 04-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Most likely your warranty would not be valid if you install a SC or turbo, since Ford will say that the parts in your drivetrain were not designed for that much power. The Lightning uses a SC. You could probably purchase a Lightning SC from Ford and have them install it for you, but the cost for that would probably be more than the cost of your drive train and aftermarket SC together, so in a sense, you would have paid for any warranty work up front. My thoughts? Purchase a quality aftermarket SC, do the right upgrades to your transmission, and enjoy it.

Old 04-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Don't count on it. Like Crash! said, get to know your local service manager really well.

Old 04-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Thank's for the advice,I will keep that in mind when I go there next time.If they say they will do it, and I can still keep my warranty,I'll do it. And what ever they have to do unless it is some redicolus price. Thanks again.

LETS GO FLYERS

Old 04-24-2003, 09:17 PM
You can do it yourself if you have to, I put mine in myself, did it in my driveway.

Quick Reply: Warranty with a Super or Turbo charger